PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 09:31 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
tethering with bluetooth

does anyone do this or has anyone tried this?

I tried tethering with bluetooth using wmwifirouter and I can only connect at 1.0mpbs, I should be connecting alot faster then this with sprints EVDO right?
Old 05-13-2009, 01:05 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: tethering with bluetooth

Yeah its pretty simple to do. There are a few threads about it but basically make an active sync connection via usb to your pc first.. you don't have to keep it.
Pair your pc/phone.

Now you are ready to bt tether any time..

Just turn on BT and go to ICS and choose sprint and bluetooth. Click Connect, your screen will say Device Set Up finished. On PC Connect BTPan
I then go to my network click on the bluetooth icon and choose connect (vista 64).

I also have to have my wireless disabled on my laptop if I want to use the phone for ICS.

BrennB
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post
does anyone do this or has anyone tried this?

I tried tethering with bluetooth using wmwifirouter and I can only connect at 1.0mpbs, I should be connecting alot faster then this with sprints EVDO right?
Thats your problem.... wmwifirouter.... Wifi, not bluetooth. Either use bluetooth and ICS (internet connection sharing) like eenie suggested, or use wifi and wmwifirouter....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:25 PM
Banned User

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

btw.... Bluetooth is probably the slowest form of connection you could use. I tested usb vs bt on my Touch and was most definitely a noticeable difference. I used to have a comparison from speedtest.net in my sig, but have recently changed it.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:04 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Very true... I use bluetooth when its more convenient rather than for speed. If I'm going to be tethered for long I always pull out the cord... If I need a quick internet fix or I'm away from my cables... bluetooth works like a charm.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:25 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
Very true... I use bluetooth when its more convenient rather than for speed. If I'm going to be tethered for long I always pull out the cord... If I need a quick internet fix or I'm away from my cables... bluetooth works like a charm.
Yeah, unfortunately I'm still on a Touch (no wifi), and my main computer is my Macbook. So im somewhat forced to use bt. Hopefully the Wifimrouter or whatever it is called is faster. i recently ordered a diamond.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond