PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   incoming call bubble w/ htc dialer (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67934)

omnicronx 05-08-2009 05:06 PM

incoming call bubble w/ htc dialer

Ok everyone, I've looked into the offending regs of 6.5 themes that result in the incoming call bubble popping up when using the HTC dialer (and the phone is on).

This reg:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Bubble: BubbleBorderThemeImage
set to '\Windows\classicblue_msgboxBorder.jpg' with calcs default theme is the main problem. When this entry is deleted the bubble no longer pops up over the slide to answer screen, but there the words 'incomming call' still appear from the bubble popup.(i.e this is the big offender)

This reg:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Toast:T oastBorderThemeImage
currently set to \Windows\classicblue_toastBorder.jpg

Removing this entry gets rid of the 'incomming call' text, resulting in nothing but HTC slide to answer showing up when the phone is on and you get a call.

The problem here is these reg entries obviously reference image files for the new context menus. The thing is I can't see any changes for the life of me, even after I delete these entries (and soft reset multiple times to make sure) everything seems to work fine, and I still have the fully working context menus, borders and all. I've gone through as many context menus as I could and I could still see no difference (between reg entries there and delete).

You guys can try it out, if there are no issues then perhaps we need to make 6.5 themes with this in mind. (at least for those that want to use the HTC dialer) or perhaps even find the underlying issue, I find it strange that these pictures cause the bubble to come into focus.

[sammich] 06-18-2009 01:51 AM

Re: incoming call bubble w/ htc dialer

I tried this by adding BAK in front of both keys, and it worked! Thanks for the info

apaquette0069 08-17-2009 02:52 AM

graet work man this has been killing me over the last few weeks, and it works great just by adding "BAK" to the startin of both regkeys and like i said it worked great, so thanks again!!!!

x42384 08-21-2009 10:34 PM

Big Thanks Omnicronx, the bubble was annoying. Fix works for me. Took me a few extra minutes to compare your keys, whereas I had a different theme, and the keys did not match. Figured it out quickly. One note to add is that once you make the changes, you must powercycle the Diamond for changes to take effect. For those don't understand the directions, just add the "BAK" to the key. Example:

BAK\Windows\Mightydvf_msgboxBorder.png
BAK\Windows\Mightydvf_toastBorder.png

IsmaelPR1 04-29-2010 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omnicronx (Post 903995)
Ok everyone, I've looked into the offending regs of 6.5 themes that result in the incoming call bubble popping up when using the HTC dialer (and the phone is on).

This reg:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Bubble: BubbleBorderThemeImage
set to '\Windows\classicblue_msgboxBorder.jpg' with calcs default theme is the main problem. When this entry is deleted the bubble no longer pops up over the slide to answer screen, but there the words 'incomming call' still appear from the bubble popup.(i.e this is the big offender)

This reg:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Toast:T oastBorderThemeImage
currently set to \Windows\classicblue_toastBorder.jpg

Removing this entry gets rid of the 'incomming call' text, resulting in nothing but HTC slide to answer showing up when the phone is on and you get a call.

The problem here is these reg entries obviously reference image files for the new context menus. The thing is I can't see any changes for the life of me, even after I delete these entries (and soft reset multiple times to make sure) everything seems to work fine, and I still have the fully working context menus, borders and all. I've gone through as many context menus as I could and I could still see no difference (between reg entries there and delete).

You guys can try it out, if there are no issues then perhaps we need to make 6.5 themes with this in mind. (at least for those that want to use the HTC dialer) or perhaps even find the underlying issue, I find it strange that these pictures cause the bubble to come into focus.

I have been looking for a way to kill that incoming call bubble for a while now, I tried your edits but that didn't work for my Verizon TP2 with WM6.5 [MightyROM]

I am looking to completely get rid of that bubble from popping up altogether when a call comes in. Any ideas?