PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   How Do You Disable Slide to Answer? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67836)

Biker1 05-07-2009 08:53 PM

How Do You Disable Slide to Answer?

I recently picked up a replacement Diamond with the 2.00 version stock ROM. It appear that this ROM version has a Slide to Ignore/Answer feature. On an incoming call, the Slide to Ignore/Answer Screen sometimes overlaps the standard Ignore/Answer Screen.When this occurs, I have to press the hard key pick up call button in order to pick up the call. A soft reset resolves the issue until the next time it occurs. This issue occurs sporadically.I would like to disable the Slide to Ignore/Answer feature and just use the standard Red Answer/Ignore Buttons. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.
Edit: I do have the S2U2 1.62 version downloaded but I have the Slide to Answer off. I am slightly confused on what is exactly happening regarding this issue.

Curb71 05-08-2009 05:29 AM

Re: How Do You Disable Slide to Answer?

I would think you can flash an OG stock sprint ROM that was made before Sprint released the other stock ROM that included the S2A. Im sure if you flashed a custom ROM it would include S2A and if it worked properly you would like it more than the non S2A. try finding the original stock Sprint ROM.

Biker1 05-08-2009 10:31 AM

I actually like the new version stock ROM as the Diamond runs much smoother, except for this sometimes occurring issue. and a keyboard freeze here and there. I wonder why the Slide to Answer and the regular Answer/Ignore Tabs sometimes overlap :confused:and where is the setting for the stock Slide to Answer, if there is a setting.

eenieMINI 05-08-2009 12:42 PM

I don't have any issue with the slide2answer on the new stock rom (yeah keyboard freezes a bit) I am using S2U2 but the version before the 1.62 as I heard that version had some issues.. try uninstalling that to see if you have the s2a problem... I know you said it was disabled in the s2u2 but just try uninstalling... or even disabling first... could be a different version of that program will resolve your issues

Biker1 05-08-2009 01:41 PM

I hear what you are saying and it makes very good sense. The problem occurs sporadically though so it may take awhile to troubleshoot the exact cause. BUT what I will do is delete the 1.62 version and install the version prior. I have to see what that version was, perhaps 1.61 :)Regarding the updated stock ROM, is there a setting for the Slide to Answer option as I have not seen it?
Edit: I did notice the other day that in the 1.62 settings, even though I had the Slide to Answer OFF, the Off tab was shaded a light blue, almost like it was in between On and Off so I reset that setting to Off yesterday and now the Off button is white and not a light blue. I will see if I still have issues. If I do then I will download the previous version.

eenieMINI 05-08-2009 05:40 PM

Thats a good idea. I bet the issue was with the half setting! As a point of reference I am running version 1.52

Biker1 05-08-2009 06:56 PM

I was in a data session and a call was coming in. The S2A screen appeared for 1 ring and then the regular Answer/Ignore tabs appeared in Green and Red with the Caller ID. So far so good. I guess there is alot going on between S2U2, data session, stock S2A etc.

Biker1 06-06-2009 03:44 AM

I disabled S2U2 1.62 caller id and the stock ROM S2A has been stable since my last post.

eenieMINI 06-06-2009 01:44 PM

yep.. that's what I found.

Willis111 06-06-2009 04:19 PM

You can disable s2a in the s2u2 settings. I think there are other apps that are lock only that won't cause this problem if that's what you're looking for. You might also want to try picking up cal's kitchen from the diamond upgrade thread, everything I've tried with the kitchen works perfectly, it will more than likely have all the software you'll want and more that you can just check off and build your own rom.