PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

summerlady is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Syncing problems

I had been happily syncing my Diamond with my computer using Vista when it started to not see the device and connect. If I did a soft reboot and reconnected it it synced fine right away. It was a pain to have to do a soft reboot each time so when I was near the Sprint store I went in. The guy unchecked the "Enable advanced network functionality" (I didn't know about doing that at the time) and then he connected it to their computer, I guess to see if it would sync (it would have taken a long time - I have lots of contacts) and after a few minutes he told me that my files were corrupted. Anyway since that tiime I have not been able to sync. I get a message that the "sync failed" and "ActiveSybc encountered a problem on the desktop". I have uninstalled and reinstalled Windows Mobile Device Center and get the same message. They want me to uninstall and reinstall Outlook and I hesitate to do that because I think it's a big undertaking. I think I'd first like to do a hard reset to the Diamond since it's only 2 months and I haven't put too much on it yet and what I have is all on my computer. I thought I'd ask first here if anyone has any advice re doing the hard reset. I know the message I receive says "problem on the desktop" but since it synced before I brought it to Sprint (although I had to do the soft reset each time it completed the sync fine) how could it be Outlook which was home on my computer at the time)? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:07 PM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Syncing problems

Try this..

Start -> Settings -> Connections -> USB to PC

Uncheck Enable faster data synchronization.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:56 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I would suggest downloading Microsoft MyPhone and backing up everything through there and see if a hard reset does it for you. Get your files off your Internal Storage and wipe that out while you're at it too.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

summerlady is a n00b

My phone says "enable advanced network functionality" not "enable faster data synchronization" but as I said in my posting that was what the guy at Sprint did before I began to have problems.

Thank you for the MyPhone suggestion. I just went there to sign up and was put on a waiting list.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

waiting list only lasts a day or two most.. you'll get an email in a sec.

BrennB

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond