PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Help Please I can't decide whether to keep diamond or swtich to pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67416)

HandsUp85 05-04-2009 12:03 AM

Help Please I can't decide whether to keep diamond or swtich to pro

I've had my diamond for about 15 days now after coming from a touch and was debating on switching to the pro. After running the official rom update for the diamond I like it a heck of alot better mainly because the touch screen has gotten better and my signal strength improved(I get service at my girlfriends house so now I don't have to bother using her phone). I know there hasn't been an official update for the pro yet but I hate typing e-mails,text messages, or writing notes on a touch screen. So if anyone has experience with both phones there opinion of the two would be greatly appreciated.

Oh yeah and I have heard that the pro is very laggy compared to the diamond.

eenieMINI 05-04-2009 12:09 AM

Re: Help Please I can't decide whether to keep diamond or swtich to pro

And its bigger and there are quite a few threads about the hard keyboard failing... that said, my b/f has had the PRO since the prerelease at BestBuys...and has not had many of the problems reported. Mostly between my Diamond and his PRO our phones are running pretty much the same software, mine being the more used and abused phone his being the average user phone. Personally, I'm extremely happy I was too impatient to wait for the PRO, I love the Diamond so much more. I came from a windows based Treo so was used to hard keys but it gets easier.. and FingerKEyboard is awesome for typing!

ChickenMan510 05-04-2009 03:53 AM

Here's some pros/cons of upgrading to the Touch Pro:

Pros:
Camera has Flash
Slide out keyboard for quick typing
Frequent MightyROM updates

Cons:
Alot bulkier than the diamond

MrObvious 05-04-2009 01:39 PM

I would suggest TouchPal and get used to that. I type pretty decent with that.

nxtech3 05-04-2009 01:45 PM

i have both, i used my Diamond till the Pro came out, Diamond was great on all aspects except the typing (need a keyboard, but something i can live without)and memory,Touch Pro has more memory. But i have since gone back to my diamond because its an easier phone to handle, not as bulky as the Pro, plus with Nuance Voice Control i can speak short emails so the typing thing doesnt come up that much anymore. In my opinion, even though i am using the diamond, i would suggest the Touch Pro.

HandsUp85 05-04-2009 02:15 PM

Thanks for your input I think I may be switching to the pro