PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 09:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond (Unlocked GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

ooshnoo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to just install TF3D and not the rest of the HTC customization stuff?

Hey fellas...

I got a new Diamond, and don't want all the stuff that's part of the customization that starts 3 seconds after the phone boots up all the time. However, I would still like TF3D. Is there a way just to install that, or maybe a separate CAB I could download?

Thanks
O
Old 05-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: How to just install TF3D and not the rest of the HTC customization stuff?

Depending on which software is loaded on your new Diamond (Sprint has a new version that this trick doesn't work for) When you first start your phone after a hard reset, hit the reset button when the 'wait 3 seconds" to load customizations screen is on. You have to do it twice but after the second time and the phone restarts it will not ask again. This will then not load several programs, including the prl update, the picturemail, Sprint nav, Sprint TV, Opera, and OZ messaging.. could be more. However, all of the cabs to load those items are found in the Windows directory of your phone so you can run what you wish.

BrennB
Old 05-01-2009, 10:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ooshnoo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
However, all of the cabs to load those items are found in the Windows directory of your phone so you can run what you wish.
Cool dude, thanks!

i've actually got the unlocked GSM verson of the Diamond, but I'm assuming the cabs are still in the Windows directory somewhere?
Old 05-01-2009, 10:58 PM
Still a Geek

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Ah so you're not with Sprint on that phone. I'm not sure if the trick works for other phones. I know it doesn't work with the newest update ROM from Sprint... so... good luck! Most cabs should be in Windows.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ooshnoo is a n00b

Hello,

I'm an idiot... Can you tell me where in the Windows folder the Cab files are? Are they in a specific folder?

Thanks
Old 05-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooshnoo View Post
Cool dude, thanks!

i've actually got the unlocked GSM verson of the Diamond
This is a little off topic, but make sure you don't try to flash any of the ROMS on this site to your GSM Diamond. It will brick your device.

You can find the windows folders by using your "file explorer".

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 05-04-2009, 11:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ooshnoo is a n00b

Yes, thank you mulhiny...am well aware of the differences in the ROMs. I know where the Windows folder is, just don't know where in there is the TouchFlo cab. That's the only thing I want outa the customization options.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Still a Geek

I think touchflo is not in a cab, at least its not for Sprint. Are you sure it won't install if you skip customizations? I'm sure you can go to XDA site and find a manila/touchflo to install if it is skipped. I know the Sprint versions still install manila if you skip customizations because the manila is part of HTC not carrier. The difference is that Sprint adds on to the standard manila (IE: tv and music store tabs) so this could be the same with your phone/rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond