PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: sprint

mbaseball3 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen Cracked. Need your help please

So my girlfriend has a sprint touch diamond. She cracked the screen the other day with the phone in her back pocket when she bent over to pet her cat. I have read and I know the screen can be replaced. But my questions of concern are; if I go out and get a new screen and have the old one replaced, will we be able to retain the original warrenty? She does have the TEP. But since she just got the phone 4ish months ago, I've told her to save it for a worse accident that cant be fixed. And another question; where and who do you all recomend to purchase a good quality screen at and have it installed into phone? Thanks for all your help =D>
Old 05-01-2009, 03:39 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Screen Cracked. Need your help please

Probably eBay. But you will void your warranty if you replace the screen itself. If your carrier is Sprint just go to a service center and they can replace the screen.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:46 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

by the time you purchase the screen and pay someone to install it, you could have went through TEP to have it replaced. You get two incidents per year with Asurion, but as long as you arent making claims every month, i have seen them replace phones four and five times in one year. If you get a nice Service Tech, they might do an AE that wont cost you anything out of pocket, and there isnt really a limit to that service (once a month)

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 05-01-2009, 09:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

so going through sprints insurance will get me a replaced diamond or just new screen? i don't wanna lose the chance to use the insurance for a time it i dunno gets ran over lol. i remember the insurance contract stating up to 3 replacements or 1000 dollars.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:32 PM
d94
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

d94 is just getting started

im a sprint tech at an indirect dealer
we're an authorized service center
she's gunna be paying a $99 deductable unless she can persuade the tech to lower it. its even possible to get it replaced for free if the guy is willing to do it

personally i get my phone replaced whenever mine gets banged up, but thats because im in charge of the service center i work at..as far as getting your phone replaced twice a year, thats only if you go through assurion. if you get it replaced in store via service and repair i have yet to see a cut off

Mogul > Diamond FREE, $75 inconvenience credit
$42/mo 1250 min unlimited txt/data + TEP
<sprint tech>
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i agree with the above poster. take it to a service center. don't try to repair it yourself.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by d94 View Post
im a sprint tech at an indirect dealer
we're an authorized service center
she's gunna be paying a $99 deductable unless she can persuade the tech to lower it. its even possible to get it replaced for free if the guy is willing to do it

personally i get my phone replaced whenever mine gets banged up, but thats because im in charge of the service center i work at..as far as getting your phone replaced twice a year, thats only if you go through assurion. if you get it replaced in store via service and repair i have yet to see a cut off

very good. ill take the word from the one who works with the powers to be thanks for all your help.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint!

wyrethewolf is becoming a great contributor

As d94 pointed out, you do have a 99 dollar deductible. But currently a new screen on ebay is running about the same price.

I just had my Diamond replaced last week due to corruption in the memory. They replaced the phone by shipping me a new one overnight.

There is an instruction sheet that will come with your new phone explaining how to get the new one activated. Then it is just a matter of shipping the old one back in the prepaid envelope.

Good luck!

Sprint: Welcome to the NOW Network.
Any Mobile, Anytime. Who needs calling circles?
Old 08-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Alltel

buffalobooker is a n00b

Well insurance is not an option for me....I bought a replacement digitizer off ebay since my lcd was fine.....anyone know where a guy can get instructions on how to tear this beast apart...Im gonna try it....
Old 08-12-2009, 07:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalobooker View Post
Well insurance is not an option for me....I bought a replacement digitizer off ebay since my lcd was fine.....anyone know where a guy can get instructions on how to tear this beast apart...Im gonna try it....
I started a thread with alot of info about this very topic over here >

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=77666
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond