PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   No GPS with extended battery! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67051)

D8LOM 04-30-2009 08:27 PM

No GPS with extended battery!

Hi All,

Does anyone have a solution to improve time for a GPS fix with 1800mAh battery apart from stick a small kitchen foil on the back top of battery cover? (I had no luck with this trick):???:

MrObvious 05-01-2009 12:55 AM

Re: No GPS with extended battery!

Are you using AGPS?

D8LOM 05-02-2009 10:05 PM

No, I'm using HTC GPS Tool. Shall I use AGPS? is it better?

mswlogo 05-02-2009 10:55 PM

He means use something like Quick GPS, it will download data from internet to prime the GPS and it will lock quick.

Usually a slow lock on these things is not due to a poor antenna but lack of AGPS. If it can hold a lock your antenna is probably fine.

I noticed with the latest stock ROM Quick GPS doesn't seem to magically do it's thing as well as it did with the initial stock ROM. It tends to need a manual reminder to update even though it's set to automatically update.

MrObvious 05-03-2009 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mswlogo (Post 891815)
He means use something like Quick GPS, it will download data from internet to prime the GPS and it will lock quick.

Usually a slow lock on these things is not due to a poor antenna but lack of AGPS. If it can hold a lock your antenna is probably fine.

I noticed with the latest stock ROM Quick GPS doesn't seem to magically do it's thing as well as it did with the initial stock ROM. It tends to need a manual reminder to update even though it's set to automatically update.

No I mean actually using the cell towers to triangulate your position. I'm not sure if your carrier supports it though.

D8LOM 05-03-2009 01:50 PM

Yes, I am using the quick GPS and alway do but I've notice my Assistant GPS wasn't on and I've just switched it on through Advanced Config. Will this make a big difference? I'll try for a GPS fix soon and feeedback.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mswlogo (Post 891815)

D8LOM 05-03-2009 09:36 PM

How is this possible? Please give instructions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 892061)
No I mean actually using the cell towers to triangulate your position. I'm not sure if your carrier supports it though.

MrObvious 05-04-2009 01:41 PM

There is a whole sticky on it. But as I said I'm not sure if GSM supports that like CDMA.