PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Diamond gets flushed courtesy of my 2 yr old newphew. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=66832)

byzking 04-29-2009 10:43 AM

Diamond gets flushed courtesy of my 2 yr old newphew.

I'm sooooo pisssssed. But, there is no point in my dishing out the big bux on another one since I deploy next month. I'm guessing I'm gonna settle for some pos like a treo or maybe some cheap flip for now.. Damn it... I was rocking one of RSTG's kick @$$ roms too.. Damn he had me spoiled. hahaha...

reprod 04-29-2009 11:03 AM

Re: Diamond gets flushed courtesy of my 2 yr old newphew.

Hey... the Treo is no POS in my mind. I still keep my 755 a my backup phone and I still prefer the feel of that phone over my Diamond (typing, speed, apps, battery life, etc).

Where this Diamond takes the trophy in is functionality, versatility and overall looks. I can do just about anything with this phone. Not to mention flashing ROMs is the best in terms of customizability.

Sorry about the diamond flush... I guess the baby wanted to see if the diamond sparkled on the way down.
Stay safe on that deploy. One of my friends just did 3 tours including Fallujah and is now moving to California.

jmorton10 04-29-2009 11:09 AM

WOW, that sucks.......

I dropped an older phone in the toilet once myself.

I was so p!ssed, it was only an eNv, but at the time I LOVED the thing. I had just walked into the bathroom, stood by the toilet when the phone rang. I almost let it go to VM, but I thought it was an important call I was waiting for (it wasn't). The damn thing slipped out of my hand & made a big splash.........

~John

ryan5943 04-29-2009 08:39 PM

I dropped mine in water about 2 months ago. I dried it off with a fan for a day and it's still working. It just randomly resets once or twice a day.

doc_ee 04-29-2009 08:56 PM

if u do have insurance juist say u lost it :) or it got stolen and pay the deductible :) ...by DO NOT SAY u dropped it in water... voids ur insruance... :)

highwayman1224 04-29-2009 10:44 PM

Why would telling them you dropped it in water void your warranty? Isn't that why you pay for the insurance incase something like that happens?

MrObvious 04-30-2009 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doc_ee (Post 885444)
if u do have insurance juist say u lost it :) or it got stolen and pay the deductible :) ...by DO NOT SAY u dropped it in water... voids ur insruance... :)

Wrong dropping in water voids warranty.

nxtech3 04-30-2009 11:20 AM

water voids Manufacturer Warranty, ERP or TEP includes Liquid Damage coverage. $100 deductible

Success100 04-30-2009 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highwayman1224 (Post 885640)
Why would telling them you dropped it in water void your warranty? Isn't that why you pay for the insurance incase something like that happens?

There are liquid indicators on the phone so even if he lies when asurion gets the messed up phone for it they will charge him. Secondly if the indicators get removed that also voids mfg's warranty. Asurion charges $100 deductible for physical and liquid damage as stated

acunn1 04-30-2009 11:44 AM

I dropped my Q9C in the toilet in a case and quick grabbed it out. No water damage. Not even to the water indicator.

MrObvious 04-30-2009 12:27 PM

You guys are confusing warranty and insurance. Warranty covers a hardware defect with the phone (stylus magnet falling out). Insurance is more expensive and you have to add it on but you pay for anything going wrong on your phone, you get a new one.

TREmp77 04-30-2009 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byzking (Post 884111)
I'm sooooo pisssssed. But, there is no point in my dishing out the big bux on another one since I deploy next month. I'm guessing I'm gonna settle for some pos like a treo or maybe some cheap flip for now.. Damn it... I was rocking one of RSTG's kick @$$ roms too.. Damn he had me spoiled. hahaha...

Sucks about your phone man!

I thanked your post for your service to our country...hope others will do the same. Stay safe wherever you go.

freeza 04-30-2009 02:24 PM

I would have flushed the kid down the toilet as revenge for flushing my phone.

No1ustad 04-30-2009 04:50 PM

you're supposed to "flash" your phone, not "flush" your phone. don't blame it on your 2 yr old :-P

if you're going to be shelling out $50-100 anyway, why not go the insurance route and end up with another one?

nmoreman 05-01-2009 05:58 AM

Have you tried drying it out in a zip lock bag of rice? It absorbs water, saved my nephew's phone like that once. Let it stay sealed for 2 days.
Might work, might not, but worst you do is waste a little rice