PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Diamond sluggishness, where are we now? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=66768)

pufftissue 04-28-2009 08:17 PM

Diamond sluggishness, where are we now?

Hi there, I demoed a Diamond in the Sprint store and it was sluggish. I am fed up with my Treo 800w (seems like I've had all the problems that are common to this device), but I had a Mogul that, if it moved any slower, would be going backwards in time.

Is there a stable, fast Windows Mobile device out there that's thin? I like the Diamond b/c it's tiny, but it seemed slower than an HTC Touch that I tried back in the day.

Are these ROMS mature and stable? I don't care too much about gee whiz features, but I do need a ROM that will improve the stock speed and stability.

MrObvious 04-29-2009 04:16 PM

Re: Diamond sluggishness, where are we now?

MightyROM is pretty fast. I like how 6.5 is coming along and given a few weeks the ROMs will mature even more.

Riley 04-29-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pufftissue (Post 883111)
Hi there, I demoed a Diamond in the Sprint store and it was sluggish. I am fed up with my Treo 800w (seems like I've had all the problems that are common to this device), but I had a Mogul that, if it moved any slower, would be going backwards in time.

Is there a stable, fast Windows Mobile device out there that's thin? I like the Diamond b/c it's tiny, but it seemed slower than an HTC Touch that I tried back in the day.

Are these ROMS mature and stable? I don't care too much about gee whiz features, but I do need a ROM that will improve the stock speed and stability.

Mr. Obvious is obviously correct:) plus I wouldn't use your experience at the store as an example of what the diamond's capability is. Those devices are beat on and who knows how long it has been on, maybe days. that will cause any phone to slow down. the diamond is a great device, is just as quick as the touch, also there is software like cleanram on this forum that can help if it gets bogged down.

pufftissue 04-29-2009 04:59 PM

Great, thanks for the advice. Now would you care to claim that the Diamond is as fast as the treo 800w if modded properly? That device is the fastest winmo phone that I have ever used. It misses calls and has other issues, but in terms of pure speed, I was happy.

pufftissue 04-29-2009 11:24 PM

Thanks Anythingbutmine.
I think that you and I have similar priorities in a phone. I keep being skeptical of those who claim that they can be as fast on a virtual keyboard as on a treo keyboard. I had an htc touch before a year ago and could never quite get used to the thing.

MrObvious 04-30-2009 01:57 AM

Actually I had the 6800 and I could type fast but with TouchPal I still type pretty dang fast.

jjday7 04-30-2009 03:35 PM

I think the diamond is definetly sluggish. I find myself using my touch a lot more only because it's fast and I get less lockups. I don't know why but I am using mightyrom 4.7 and I get lockups all the time. I love the diamond and its just sexy but I really wish it was as fast as the touch.

MrObvious 04-30-2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjday7 (Post 887257)
I think the diamond is definetly sluggish. I find myself using my touch a lot more only because it's fast and I get less lockups. I don't know why but I am using mightyrom 4.7 and I get lockups all the time. I love the diamond and its just sexy but I really wish it was as fast as the touch.

Try hard resetting? You may need to do that a couple times. Also what programs do you have open? Look at dotfred.net's task manager and it will tell you.

jjday7 04-30-2009 03:56 PM

tried all that and just keep having the problem. I will try to hard reset and if that doesn't work I will flash sprint then go to mighty4.8 or 5.0 if it ever comes out. I have been waiting patiently.