PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Notifications failing to sound after awhile...? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=66726)

exi 04-28-2009 12:40 PM

Notifications failing to sound after awhile...?

This is something I've experienced in three ROMs here -- Calkulin's (which I love), Mighty's (which I also enjoy), and Groove's -- so I'm not sure what the story is.

I've noticed that, after being left on vibrate or silent for all notifications for awhile, I'm unable to turn up the volume. I mean, I can turn it up via the rocker switch for volume, but incoming text messages don't actually make a sound.

Unsure if phone calls do.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

b4u2 04-28-2009 01:43 PM

Re: Notifications failing to sound after awhile...?

I have noticed same thing. generally the notification sounds stop after a while. I do a soft reset & they start to work again. in a call the rocker will not adjust the volume I have to use the screen.

Plutonium0587 04-28-2009 05:26 PM

I am having the same problem. I am using MightyRom 4.8. Especially after texting a lot in a short time, the sound or vibration, whichever it is on, just stops. The phone will not ring either. Soft reset fixes it. I have no clue what is going on with it.

Hayabusa1300cc 04-28-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plutonium0587 (Post 882850)
I am having the same problem. I am using MightyRom 4.8. Especially after texting a lot in a short time, the sound or vibration, whichever it is on, just stops. The phone will not ring either. Soft reset fixes it. I have no clue what is going on with it.

this is so true. i leave my sound of full. and txt notifications either do nothing, or vibrate.
it really is a pain sometimes

exi 04-28-2009 11:49 PM

Any thoughts on the cause? I've experienced it on various other ROMs, so I don't think it's isolated to Mighty alone.

Weirdest (and frustrating) thing...

anythingbutmine 04-29-2009 10:37 AM

Some people had speculated it was related to the htc volume controller. I had some success with the ringer problem by ditching htc's volume app and switching back to the default windows mobile one for a few weeks but yesterday it went silent again despite that.

Others have suggested using WAV files for your tones. I haven't tried that yet.

deanwoof 04-29-2009 08:12 PM

my calls aren't ringing. everything else is going fine. i have no custom ring tones set, just the ones that the developers put on. odd indeed. and now my diamond just likes to freeze and when i do a soft reset, the phone just.. dies

MrObvious 04-30-2009 02:00 AM

Which ROM are you guys all on again?

exi 05-01-2009 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 885947)
Which ROM are you guys all on again?

Calkulin, Mighty, and Groove all seem to be doing it.

MrObvious 05-01-2009 02:25 PM

:\ Yeah I think there is a huge bug in the base. :(