PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 08:47 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Daily Mystery Text Msg at 430pm

I think I may be due to installing an app such as OZ or Seven previously, but now that your not running the app, the phone doesn't know what to do with the notification.

have you tried replying "stop"?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

It's from the Telus email app IMO. The same thing happened to me when I installed a Sprint email app. Despite hard resets and not using the program anymore, I would still get texts like the ones in your pic. From what I read, you can try to re-install the email program and delete/deactivate the account or just block the text number. I took option 2 and just blocked the number by logging into my account at sprint.com. I have no idea if Telus offers similar options in your online account though.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: Telenor

janielsen is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartyr View Post
No I don't use OZ - and no picture voice mail or anything like that. At least I know what time it is when I get my afternoon email alert ...
hey
are u sure that it is not a test sample u have
when siemens existet i what a beta tester on there phones and i got msg also as test msg
Old 05-01-2009, 04:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

stillryan is a n00b

I see this every now and then when customers bring in thier phones. It's a problem with Seven's system. It will sometimes get confused and keep sending alerts to your number even if you have deleted the app or have changed phones. Whats weird is it seems to be random when it hits and will sometimes skip 1 or more replacements before the issue pops up.

Like a recent customer that went from a Treo 755, then to an Instinct, then i think to a centro and the problem didn't hit until the centro had to be replaced due to a broken screen. Usually just reinstalling the program, deleting the account, and then deleting the app fixes it, like previously posted. I hope you get it fixed, it's an annoying problem.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond
Carrier: telus
Threadstarter

rmartyr is a n00b

thanks to all ... I've never used Seven - not even sure what it is - but I think I'll reinstall telus email and then delete all my accts to see if that works.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

dzap is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartyr View Post
thanks to all ... I've never used Seven - not even sure what it is - but I think I'll reinstall telus email and then delete all my accts to see if that works.
SEVEN builds the majority of email clients for carriers here in the US and in many other countries. Some major carriers use them here.. http://www.seven.com/howtoget.united_states.html
..I couldn't find Canada on their website but I have no doubt that they're probably using the same company for Telus Email.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:17 PM
nicbut

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Question Re: Daily Mystery Text Msg at 430pm

see i got a kebo and lately texts from this # i got 2 today and they are weard the # is 278388918012 one was the next level." the other one said for thousands." and idk bolth at diffrent times it was the first texts i got from this number but i want them to stop cuz its weard. and i wanna know how to fix it and if its the phone cuz my cousins have the same keybo. if u can help me thank you. i am a candian telus user and i do use there email.

Last edited by nicbut; 08-11-2010 at 12:19 PM. Reason: i wanted to add something

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond