PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 12:59 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
how do i hard reset?

sorry if this is redundant but i could not find the answer,

how do i hard reset my diamond (sprint)?

i already tried pressing vol down, the top button, and the center circle, but that didnt work.

Last edited by orangekid; 04-27-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:04 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: how do i hard reset?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37674 start\settings\system\clear storage is the way i do also posted a link for button method since your having trouble that way.it.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 04-27-2009 at 01:08 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

while holding those down youve also got to hit the reset button under the battery cover.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: cricket

alex.rios is a n00b

Whendevice turned on, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN,
ENTER butons, then press the RESET buton with the stylus tip.
Release the RESET buton, but continuepressing the VOLUME DOWN and Release the VOLUMEDOWN and ENTER bUtons, then press the VOLUMEUP button to perform the hard reset.

TRY IT THIS WAY I DO IT ALL THE TIME WHEN I NEED TO RESET MINES.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37674 start\settings\system\clear storage is the way i do also posted a link for button method since your having trouble that way.it.

this seemed to work and is easier than taking off the silicone skin, cover, and trying to use every limb to press 56 buttons. thx
Old 04-27-2009, 01:15 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
this seemed to work and is easier than taking off the silicone skin, cover, and trying to use every limb to press 56 buttons. thx
i hear ya, 3 arms would help with the buttons method. lol
Old 04-27-2009, 02:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

M4te0 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
sorry if this is redundant but i could not find the answer,

how do i hard reset my diamond (sprint)?

i already tried pressing vol down, the top button, and the center circle, but that didnt work.
your suposed to press the enter arrow not the center button.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

The first method in the the original post must be done with phone OFF then it will work. So if going this route, take out battery, put back in do not turn on phone, but start the button pressing method with the volume down first, then holding that press enter and power at the same time so all three are pressed... if you press power first the phone simply starts up....

BrennB
Old 04-27-2009, 08:27 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

how bout just clear storage? Or type in "hard reset" on the search and read about it for days.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:33 PM
acs tester

i posted about clearstorage, no need to get cranky.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond