PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 05:10 PM
Lurker

harley_guy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how to put zip files on your diamond?

I want to put that dirty paper theme on my htc diamond.. but when i download the file its a zip,,, with the folder and zipper look... well the other programs that i can download look like filing cabnits or somthing... and i cannot copy the zipped ones into my fone.. .any comments on how to correct this...
Old 04-25-2009, 05:14 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

jdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuff
Re: how to put zip files on your diamond?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley_guy View Post
I want to put that dirty paper theme on my htc diamond.. but when i download the file its a zip,,, with the folder and zipper look... well the other programs that i can download look like filing cabnits or somthing... and i cannot copy the zipped ones into my fone.. .any comments on how to correct this...
Do you have Winrar installed??
Attached Files
File Type: cab rar.ppc_arm.cab (326.4 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:20 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

harley_guy is a n00b

do i install this on my PC or my mobile device??
Old 04-25-2009, 05:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

harley_guy is a n00b

what do i do with this... and how do i combine or make it work with the dirty paper zip
Old 04-25-2009, 06:38 PM
Banned User

jdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuff

Since this is not a .cab file, I think the best way to make this your theme is to use TF3D config. First unzip the file to a folder, then go to tf3d config, and in there there is an option to change your theme. Browse to the folder where you unzipped it and it should show up. Then open it up apply it reboot your good. This way you could always go back to the original theme or change to another theme easily.
I have attatched Tf3D Config in case you dont have it. And a screenshot.
Ps- if you have a problem opening TF3D config, you need to go to program files in file explorer, find the tf3d folder and delete the tweaks file, then you should be able to run the Tf3d config program.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TF3d.jpg (13.5 KB, 13 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: cab Diamond TF3D Config Setup v0.6.7.CAB (162.2 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Banned User

For more themes: http://www.thetouchblog.com/TF3D/main.html
There are a bunch more themes out there too. Have you thoght about the new Spb Mobile shell 3.0. Friggin awesome! See some screenshots I posted here in post #6. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=66348
Old 04-25-2009, 07:48 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

harley_guy is a n00b

ok i got the tf3d to work.. and under the apperance tab it says select theme... with a button that says path.. i click that and highlight the folder with the theme in it.. and click ok... but nothing happens... am i doing somthing wrong?
Old 04-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

harley_guy is a n00b

ok never mind that last post... i got that figured out... but now when you hit the apply button then hit start... it seems to freeze... any input?
Old 04-25-2009, 08:48 PM
Banned User

give it a minute, it take a little while to load. Make sure you extracted the zip file first. Maybe this will get it done:

First you need to have installed Diamond TF3D Config installed on your phone. Second step is to download the theme you want and save it to the following location "Internal Storage\Themes\", if this folder is not available you should create it for yourself. Run the Diamond TF3D Config and go to its second tab called Appearance. At the top you should view dropdown box, from which you can select the theme you've previously copied. Next steps are to click on Apply button after which you will be shown a new screen with Start button on it. Just tap it and wait few minutes to have the theme correctly installed.

To remove the installed theme go to the Appearance tab again and run the Restore Default action.

Last edited by jdignazio; 04-25-2009 at 08:55 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

harley_guy is a n00b

ok... i DL''d this - Zitoun_Dirty_Paper_v0.2 ... i extracted all the files... and copyed the folder into the "'themes" folder i made... and when i click on PATH... i double click internal storage.. then click the themes folder and hit ok.... but nothing comes up in the drop bar... am i doin something wrong?

thanks for all the help by the way

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond