PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Turns on randomly / light won't stop flashing when msg received (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=66320)

vgchiang 04-24-2009 10:06 PM

Turns on randomly / light won't stop flashing when msg received

PLEASE PLEASE someone tell me if there is a fix for the following two issues:

1. phone will turn on when theres a change in signal. it causes me two problems. it button mashes my phone while it is in my pocket so when i take it out, its on some random screen. This kills my battery!

2. when i have a missed call or a new text message, the light flashes continuously, even though i uncheckmarked "flash light" in the notification settings area. This kills my battery too!

These two problems are so irritating! :(

doublej3030 04-24-2009 10:20 PM

Re: Turns on randomly / light won't stop flashing when msg received

Quote:

Originally Posted by vgchiang (Post 874951)
PLEASE PLEASE someone tell me if there is a fix for the following two issues:

1. phone will turn on when theres a change in signal. it causes me two problems. it button mashes my phone while it is in my pocket so when i take it out, its on some random screen. This kills my battery!

2. when i have a missed call or a new text message, the light flashes continuously, even though i uncheckmarked "flash light" in the notification settings area. This kills my battery too!

These two problems are so irritating! :(

does the first issue happens even when its locked? try setting a passcode too.
and i believe there's a setting to where you can set dim until unlock.

the second problem should be configurable in your sound/notification settings. however, usually phones have several types of notifications that change the flash light. also, you can use advanced config to enable power management for more items. and there are apps that can set 'battery profiles', where you can have it on lower settings while you are in standby.

are you on a stock rom? if you changed your radio, i have read that some newer radios can drain battery life faster too

vgchiang 04-24-2009 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doublej3030 (Post 874977)
does the first issue happens even when its locked? try setting a passcode too.
and i believe there's a setting to where you can set dim until unlock.

the second problem should be configurable in your sound/notification settings. however, usually phones have several types of notifications that change the flash light. also, you can use advanced config to enable power management for more items. and there are apps that can set 'battery profiles', where you can have it on lower settings while you are in standby.

are you on a stock rom? if you changed your radio, i have read that some newer radios can drain battery life faster too

Thanks for the reply doublj.

i don't know for certain if locking it will prevent the phone from turning on when signal changes, but its worth a shot. I just never liked the idea of locking my phones as unlocking it is one extra step to making a phone call.

im not on stock rom, but on all the roms i've tried this problem was always there. i changed the settings in sounds and notifications, but it seems to be a bug, as it didn't do anything at all.

doublej3030 04-24-2009 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vgchiang (Post 874991)
Thanks for the reply doublj.

i don't know for certain if locking it will prevent the phone from turning on when signal changes, but its worth a shot. I just never liked the idea of locking my phones as unlocking it is one extra step to making a phone call.

im not on stock rom, but on all the roms i've tried this problem was always there. i changed the settings in sounds and notifications, but it seems to be a bug, as it didn't do anything at all.

no prob, please utilize the thank button lol. but locking helps with keeping your phone charged, my phone could probably standby for like a week in my pocket. what rom are you on now?

vgchiang 04-24-2009 11:54 PM

done.

im using mighty 4.9 right now.

CozBoogie 04-27-2009 12:32 PM

Closed and moved to the general Diamond Forum.

late,
Coz