PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 02:03 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
how to backup contacts

this is probably a pretty easy one, but how can I back up my contacts and info on to my computer if I dont want to buy outlook for my diamond? on AS it says I need to have outlook installed and my phone didnt come with it...
Old 04-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: how to backup contacts

just use PIM Backup and save it to internal storage, if you want you could then save that file to your pc

Old 04-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

M4te0 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
this is probably a pretty easy one, but how can I back up my contacts and info on to my computer if I dont want to buy outlook for my diamond? on AS it says I need to have outlook installed and my phone didnt come with it...
you could always copy your PIM backup file to your PC
Old 04-22-2009, 02:18 PM
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

It wont let me copy any files from activesync (like "copy" is grayed out), and I can't access those files in disk mode, is there a way to copy that file from activesync that I don't know about or to somehow access that file?
Old 04-22-2009, 02:21 PM
Lurker

Quote:
It wont let me copy any files from activesync (like "copy" is grayed out), and I can't access those files in disk mode, is there a way to copy that file from activesync that I don't know about or to somehow access that file?
is your PIM backup file in your internal storage?
Old 04-22-2009, 02:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Give Dashwire a whirl....www.dashwire.com

Old 04-22-2009, 02:25 PM
Threadstarter

ok whats the exact name of the file Ill check. is PIM an extension or the filename?
Old 04-22-2009, 02:29 PM
Lurker

Quote:
ok whats the exact name of the file Ill check. is PIM an extension or the filename?
you have to back it up first with PPC Pim backup.cab . if you need it i got it let me know ill hook you up
Old 04-22-2009, 02:32 PM
Lurker

What ROM are you using? it may be cooked in already.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:42 PM
Threadstarter

im just using the default rom, i am wanting to back up my contacts to try to install 6.5 so I can use 6.5 themes which look way awesome. Yeah I guess i need that backup .cab

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond