PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 10:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Telus Diamond
Carrier: Telus

GodxSon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TELUS mobile EMAIL free

i just installed telus mobile email on my diamond is it free? or is there a monthly charge?

it asked my to type my phone number then said activiting

any clues?
Old 04-20-2009, 10:11 PM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: TELUS mobile EMAIL free

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodxSon View Post
i just installed telus mobile email on my diamond is it free? or is there a monthly charge?

it asked my to type my phone number then said activiting

any clues?
Yes it costs money, but its usually included in your data plan.

I have unlimited Web, Data, and EMAIL.

The EMAIL refers to this.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:28 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

It does not cost anything. That being said, it's not added with pay per use data (ie you don't have a data plan).

It's a free service from Telus, but it has to provisioned to your account for you to have access.

It's 'activating' as it communicates with servers.

It's an ok service... but in the end pretty useless. Any email account I've encountered can be easily synced over the air, and/or by connecting to your computer.

This is really a feature for those who's data plans don't actually include data. (ie their instant messaging and email plans)
Old 04-21-2009, 02:09 AM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
It does not cost anything. That being said, it's not added with pay per use data (ie you don't have a data plan).

It's a free service from Telus, but it has to provisioned to your account for you to have access.

It's 'activating' as it communicates with servers.

It's an ok service... but in the end pretty useless. Any email account I've encountered can be easily synced over the air, and/or by connecting to your computer.

This is really a feature for those who's data plans don't actually include data. (ie their instant messaging and email plans)
Are you sure it doesn't cost any money? Telu$ charges for everything... They have a whole website devoted to this and seems expensive to maintain if they aint getting any money for it.
https://telus-mobile-email.telusmobility.com/
I have my Telus, Shaw, and Gmail managed on this...

The reason I use it isn't to save data charges even though I have unlimited, its mainly to Preserve battery life. If i set all these account to check every 15 mins it KILLS the battery.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:29 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Positive.

As said before, you have to have it in your data plan (all of them include it) and have it on your account. It's a free code though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond