PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

jdizzle is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
storage memory on device

I am running stock rom on my diamond. My storage memory that i have free is 27mb. Is that low? What do you guys have available for storage memory remaining on your device?
Old 04-20-2009, 12:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Pre 2, Evo

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff
Re: storage memory on device

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
I am running stock rom on my diamond. My storage memory that i have free is 27mb. Is that low? What do you guys have available for storage memory remaining on your device?

If you are running a stock rom that is about right (it has about 48mb out of the box, but if you have installed anything 27 seems plausible). I'm running my own custom rom and have about 90-95mb free after a hard reset. if you are worried about storage memory you might want to consider installing a custom rom. there are several clean roms out there with plenty of memory.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!
Threadstarter

jdizzle is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tersoth View Post
If you are running a stock rom that is about right (it has about 48mb out of the box, but if you have installed anything 27 seems plausible). I'm running my own custom rom and have about 90-95mb free after a hard reset. if you are worried about storage memory you might want to consider installing a custom rom. there are several clean roms out there with plenty of memory.
Thanks for the reply tersoth. I was sure to hit your "thanks" button.

Would my lack of storage memory on my device have any effect on it's speed? Or is having 27mb sufficient for the phones function?

Thanks again
Old 04-20-2009, 02:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

juliocvaldez is keeping up the good workjuliocvaldez is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
If you like the stock rom (as do I) but want more storage you should check out my rom. You will need to unlock your phone.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:03 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You may want to reinstall programs to the Internal Storage.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Pre 2, Evo

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff

Quote:
Thanks for the reply tersoth. I was sure to hit your "thanks" button.

Would my lack of storage memory on my device have any effect on it's speed? Or is having 27mb sufficient for the phones function?

Thanks again
27mb should be sufficient, but anything below 15mb and you might start running into problems, but like MrObvious pointed out you'll want to install everything to your internal storage. Plus you will want redirect your internet cache to your internal memory. if you search the forum you'll be able to find out how to.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:54 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

lol i ran my vogue with 600kb left for about 3 months, so i'd think 27 megs is sufficient on the diamond.

Sponsored by Kools.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond