PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   storage memory on device (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65581)

jdizzle 04-19-2009 11:59 PM

storage memory on device

I am running stock rom on my diamond. My storage memory that i have free is 27mb. Is that low? What do you guys have available for storage memory remaining on your device?

tersoth 04-20-2009 12:32 AM

Re: storage memory on device

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdizzle (Post 861260)
I am running stock rom on my diamond. My storage memory that i have free is 27mb. Is that low? What do you guys have available for storage memory remaining on your device?

If you are running a stock rom that is about right (it has about 48mb out of the box, but if you have installed anything 27 seems plausible). I'm running my own custom rom and have about 90-95mb free after a hard reset. if you are worried about storage memory you might want to consider installing a custom rom. there are several clean roms out there with plenty of memory.

jdizzle 04-20-2009 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tersoth (Post 861346)
If you are running a stock rom that is about right (it has about 48mb out of the box, but if you have installed anything 27 seems plausible). I'm running my own custom rom and have about 90-95mb free after a hard reset. if you are worried about storage memory you might want to consider installing a custom rom. there are several clean roms out there with plenty of memory.

Thanks for the reply tersoth. I was sure to hit your "thanks" button.

Would my lack of storage memory on my device have any effect on it's speed? Or is having 27mb sufficient for the phones function?

Thanks again

juliocvaldez 04-20-2009 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdizzle (Post 861260)

If you like the stock rom (as do I) but want more storage you should check out my rom. You will need to unlock your phone.

MrObvious 04-20-2009 05:03 AM

You may want to reinstall programs to the Internal Storage.

tersoth 04-20-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the reply tersoth. I was sure to hit your "thanks" button.

Would my lack of storage memory on my device have any effect on it's speed? Or is having 27mb sufficient for the phones function?

Thanks again
27mb should be sufficient, but anything below 15mb and you might start running into problems, but like MrObvious pointed out you'll want to install everything to your internal storage. Plus you will want redirect your internet cache to your internal memory. if you search the forum you'll be able to find out how to.

bradart 04-21-2009 11:54 AM

lol i ran my vogue with 600kb left for about 3 months, so i'd think 27 megs is sufficient on the diamond.