PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Question Feasible to replace Touch Panel?

Now that the USB port and stylus magent woes are over, does anyone know how difficult it is to replace the touch panel while keeping my existing screen on a CDMA diamond?

- 2 Bunny
Old 09-24-2011, 09:37 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Question PANEL Reply

Any ideas?

- 2 Bunny
Old 09-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Feasible to replace Touch Panel?

try watching videos on YouTube of such an operation being done and then use that as a base judgment.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:10 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Post CAUSE FOR CONCERN Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
try watching videos on YouTube of such an operation being done and then use that as a base judgment.
That's what concerns me - there's no footage of the teardown process, video or otherwise.

- 2 Bunny
Old 09-28-2011, 04:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini
Carrier: Sprint

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
No footage => Manuals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
...no footage..
I found manuals with lots of pics that were very helpful before attempting 1st digitizer replacement. Not diamond, but probably not all that much different. This Vogue thread (link below) has links to other helpful threads with manuals, a website with pics, and posted comments that could be helpful to you. Today, I find it easier to replace the touchscreen lens/digitizer than any other way to deal with scratches, inexpensive too, less than what a screen protector used to cost. There actually are advantages to keeping an old WinMo device alive!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-vogue/...beautiful.html

PS - Just in case you miss some of the links in the thread linked above, this one is a real good start...
http://www.pdacenter.ru/razborka/razbor_htc_touch/

Last edited by MrGoodtunes; 09-30-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:34 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Smile NO FOOTAGE SOME MANUALS Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodtunes View Post
I found manuals with lots of pics that were very helpful before attempting 1st digitizer replacement. Not diamond, but probably not all that much different. This Vogue thread (link below) has links to other helpful threads with manuals, a website with pics, and posted comments that could be helpful to you. Today, I find it easier to replace the touchscreen lens/digitizer than any other way to deal with scratches, inexpensive too, less than what a screen protector used to cost. There actually are advantages to keeping an old WinMo device alive!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-vogue/...beautiful.html

PS - Just in case you miss some of the links in the thread linked above, this one is a real good start...
Ðåìî*ò ÊÏÊ - ñåðâèñ*ûé öå*òð PDA Center | ðåìî*ò êîììó*èê*òîðîâ | ðåìî*ò htc | ðåìî*ò êïê | ç*ìå** ýêð*** êïê | ðåìî*ò iPhone | .::. È*ñòðóêöèÿ ïî ð*çáîðêå HTC P3450 (Touch)
You're still on the Touch yourself? That's awesome =D>. I'm not quite sure i could live with the QVGA screen or lack of WiFi myself, but apparently it is quite doable. Are you planning on staying with the Touch for the time being?

Anyway, thanks for the links and feedback. For the positive, I tried the motor fix on my Diamond (it stopped rumbling last weekend, but it has felt like an eternity). Apparently, the problem is not actually the motor itself but two tiny points next to it that have to be shorted by a small blob of solder (the points are smaller than the tip of the iron) which got rattled off by the motor. After I was sure I had broken something, I put it all back together and it worked.

The shopping list for the Diamond now has just two items left:

2. Touch Panel/Digitizer
3. Service transfer from Boost to PagePlus

Even in 2011, the Diamond is still pretty darn exciting.

- 2 Bunny

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Tags
cdma, diamond, digitizer, screen, touch panel