PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 12:02 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel
Threadstarter

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Opera9.exe Kills Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devileyezz View Post
You might not be aware, but MSR4.8 is out. Maybe this new version fixed it? To answer your question, go to \Windows\StartUp and remove Opera9.exe from there. Don't know if it returns after a soft reset though, so try it out.
No 4.8 has the same problem.

Hibby you are exactly right. Awesome!
Old 04-14-2009, 03:23 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

w00t lol thanks for lettin me know it worked

Old 04-14-2009, 04:21 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

so by removing this, it will make it so opera only loads when u launch it, then closes it completely when u exit?

Old 04-14-2009, 07:16 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

yea it wont use htc's pre load thing... if u ever had an opera version that opened when u soft reset and it wasnt in ur startup, it is because it wasnt preloader compatible
Old 04-15-2009, 05:12 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Threadstarter

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
so by removing this, it will make it so opera only loads when u launch it, then closes it completely when u exit?
Yup. =D>
Old 04-15-2009, 08:50 AM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
check out hkcu\software\htc\bootlauncher
ok, I went there and there are 2 folders in it. I expanded the apps folder and there is an Opera9 folder. Am I just supposed to delete the Module in the Opera9 folder to help out my battery life? Im on MR4.8 as well and compaired to 4.4.5 the battery life is poor. Also how will this affect how opera works? It will no longer open from the TF3D tab? Anything else?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:57 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
ok, I went there and there are 2 folders in it. I expanded the apps folder and there is an Opera9 folder. Am I just supposed to delete the Module in the Opera9 folder to help out my battery life? Im on MR4.8 as well and compaired to 4.4.5 the battery life is poor. Also how will this affect how opera works? It will no longer open from the TF3D tab? Anything else?
I just deleted the entire folder. No point in having an empty folder. Plus I dont know if it would confuse it somehow.

So far nothing has been affected on my end. when I run opera from the internet tab, it opens just fine and closes just fine.

I dont know how it will improve battery life though, someone else needs to elaborate on that.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:30 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Threadstarter

Yeah all you gotta do is be able to delete the folder. For some dumb reason the process likes to kill memory. my theory is that it uses active background data transfer and that is what kills battery life.

Sorry for any typos but I'm posting from my phone waiting on an oil change.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

ok,I looked into calculins cab,here is whats inside of it:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Opera\Preload]
"RealExit"=dword:00000001

and it works.
may be we can do something similar for htc audiomanager and albumsearcher?

I have a vogue with tiny-biny battery lol.unfortunatly all smart guys switched to TP and diamonds and vogue threads are empty lol.but the good thing is that the tweaks works for me.

If somebody knows something,please post it here.

Last edited by vin255764; 05-01-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:14 AM
N00b

MillerTyme is a n00b

i have this registry value set, however when i close opera, it still shows up in processes
running SsS rom 116

//edit yes i am running htc task mgr w/x button set to close (it works for everything else)

Last edited by MillerTyme; 05-21-2009 at 09:19 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond