PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   google sync (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64796)

th3drow 04-13-2009 05:39 PM

google sync

ok so i see google sync that it says its for windows mobile but i cannot figure out how to get it. anyone know what im doing wrong?

Genjinaro 04-13-2009 06:12 PM

Re: google sync

Quote:

Originally Posted by th3drow (Post 846308)
ok so i see google sync that it says its for windows mobile but i cannot figure out how to get it. anyone know what im doing wrong?

They have setup instructions for ActiveSync, which is already present on the phone, just follow them & you'll be fine; there is no app to install if thats what you were concerned about.

seamus 04-13-2009 07:48 PM

It's real easy
1. Start up Activesync
2. Type in your google gmail address
3. type in your account (gmail address and password) - dont'forget to add the "@gmail.com" to your address as this greys out the third line
4. type in server address of "m.google.com"
5. choose both mail and calendar to sync.
6. Now Activesync will work and you will get one welcome email in your outlook email. go to it and delete the welcome.
7. go back into Activesync options and remove the email sync.

You're done - (the extra step is to get rid of an annoying unread email counter if you dont initially choose email sync - Activesync still sends you a welcome email but you cant see it and cant delete it but it still counts as an unread email.

g'luck

caleb02 04-19-2009 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamus (Post 846563)
It's real easy
1. Start up Activesync
2. Type in your google gmail address
3. type in your account (gmail address and password) - dont'forget to add the "@gmail.com" to your address as this greys out the third line
4. type in server address of "m.google.com"
5. choose both mail and calendar to sync.
6. Now Activesync will work and you will get one welcome email in your outlook email. go to it and delete the welcome.
7. go back into Activesync options and remove the email sync.

You're done - (the extra step is to get rid of an annoying unread email counter if you dont initially choose email sync - Activesync still sends you a welcome email but you cant see it and cant delete it but it still counts as an unread email.

g'luck

do not put @gmail.com where it asks for user name password and domain just put your username in with out the @gmail.com then place password and domain is gmail.com thats what i did to get it to work

anythingbutmine 04-19-2009 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caleb02 (Post 860499)
do not put @gmail.com where it asks for user name password and domain just put your username in with out the @gmail.com then place password and domain is gmail.com thats what i did to get it to work

If you put @gmail.com at your username, the domain box grays out. It makes no difference.