PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Pre 2, Evo
Carrier: Sprint

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Which manila file controls background?

Ill have to check my files when i get home to see if those are the right ones. are you cooking in the hd manila? if so i think i know what the problem could be...xmod's manila hd already includes the background for all tabs files. so i think that is where the conflict is...Ill take a look to see what you need to do to get it working right.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:43 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tersoth View Post
058acf31_manila
29cff4fe_manila
70083a29_manila

are right, the last one (and the portrait one you have been having problems with is 6b5182a8_manila
I cannot find a single one of these manila files in my OEM folder. I am trying to change the background on the Black Portrait manila.

Edit: Ok I did find the 70083a29_manila but that was the only one.

Edit: 70083a29_manila isnt in my oem folder, I found out that it was cfc_gui that was creating this manila file. I dont know if it is gonna work but im getting ready to flash a new rom with that new file in there and see what happens.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!

Last edited by KBZL; 04-20-2009 at 07:17 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:26 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah. Didnt work. I have checked multiple manilas in calku's OEM folder and cannot find a single background file. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 04-20-2009, 03:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tersoth
058acf31_manila
29cff4fe_manila
70083a29_manila

are right, the last one (and the portrait one you have been having problems with is 6b5182a8_manila

those are only for the rhodium manila.

yeah last night I looked through all my folders and couldn't find one in the black manila. so i'm at a loss. the only one I could fine was the at&t background 4a087e41_manila

Last edited by tersoth; 04-20-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:08 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Hmmm.... hopefully someone can chime in on this so we can figure it out.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

kodey01 is just getting started

I was cooking rhodium manila in. intx ended up helping me out and basically doing it for me... after further experimenting with CFC gui its very simple once you get the hang of it.
make sure once you find which files are the background for whichever manila your using, to copy and paste(not drag and drop, nor cut and paste) them into a separate folder, then edit the images, then compress them and back up the existing manila files, then drag and drop the edited files into your manila OEM.
Of course in my case it was much easier because the names of the manila files were already posted in this thread.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:54 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

yeah well I am trying to find the background image for just the standard portrait manila but it seems to be non existent. im thinking of asking calku since im using his kitchen.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker

if you are looking for the original bacground image i have it (its a .png not a _manila file). the easiest way to do it is to cook in the .png image to "my pictures", or at least thats what i do for my hd roms.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:25 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Where is the png file located and can you describe a little bit the steps to allow me to cook in my own background? Thank you.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 600...Mogul...Touch Pro...Touch Pro 2...Evo

Acedooncoon is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Acedooncoon Send a message via Yahoo to Acedooncoon

Ok so I have a question...I have the Touch Pro for sprint and I have read post after post about how to change the background on all tabs...but none of them work....well there was one that worked but it messed up the clock....I have even went as far as using "Manila Editor" to edit file "4a087e41_manila" which is suppose 2 be the background image for the TP....My thing is that when I replace the image with one that I want it doent work...only thing it does is just make the background on all tabs white....Yes I disable touchFLO first and then enable when Im done...but it still doesnt work....I dunno what else to do....does anyone have a clue?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond