PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 07:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Which manila file controls background?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Nope, that didn't do it..... lol...
I think you don't need the cached background one.

*edit* Try this. Just replace the black wallpaper in the package with whatever one you want... just keep the file name the same.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Drybonz_Wallpaper.zip (5.0 KB, 59 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Drybonz; 04-13-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Pre 2, Evo

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff

actually there are 4 background files. one portrait file looks like it is a wvga. another portrait file looks about vga (im assuming this is used as the choose a city weather background or something like that). and the other 2 are for the landscape background but each is only half. i dont have the files with me (im on my phone), but when i get home lster tonight if someone hasnt posted the files ill post them for you.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:38 PM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Pocket PC: Hero
Threadstarter

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx

058acf31_manila
29cff4fe_manila
70083a29_manila
77feee1d_manila

Would that be it? I got landscape working fine, portrait is being dumb.

Donate if you like my work!
Old 04-14-2009, 01:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff

Quote:
058acf31_manila
29cff4fe_manila
70083a29_manila
77feee1d_manila

058acf31_manila
29cff4fe_manila
70083a29_manila

are right, the last one (and the portrait one you have been having problems with is 6b5182a8_manila
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:20 PM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Pocket PC: Hero
Threadstarter

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx

Awesome help tersoth. big thanks
Old 04-18-2009, 02:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

kodey01 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
I think you don't need the cached background one.

*edit* Try this. Just replace the black wallpaper in the package with whatever one you want... just keep the file name the same.
This didnt work for me...

Can anyone explain further on how to change the default cooked in background?
Old 04-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

first you need to download a manila editor. go to xda-developers.com and in the diamond forum there are some stickies. i personally use chainfires manila editor, its called cfc_gui i believe (there are 2 different ones in the stickies). download it and instal it to the desktop of your pc. then copy the manila files you want to edit from your phone to your pc (or download calcu's kitchen and he has all the manila files in the oem folders). now open the manila editor and and a browse folder promt will come up (or hit file/select folder), chose the folder where your manila files are stored. it will decompress the files. now hit tools/export and chose a folder to export all the manila files. now go to that folder, open up the files you want edit (i use photoshop to edit them in). after you are done editing, save the file. now open up the manila editor, select the manila file you edited (it is still the old file). now hit "replace with..." and navigate to the folder with the new manila file you edited (the .png file). and it will recompress the file and it will be done. now take the manila file (not the .png file) and transfer it to your /windows folder (make sure you turn off tf3d before you do) and overwrite the previous file (total commander works best for this). or if you cook your own rom then just replace the file in the oem folder you use.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

where does it put the file...i replaced the manila files i needed...went to tools clicked cfc compress...it compressed it...where is it stored so i can transfer it? its no where to be found...?
Old 04-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

cfc_Gui scans the folder where your manila are, then you replace and compress with cfc, the manila you changed replaces the one in the original folder. So go back to the folder that cfc scanned originally and that manila file is the compressed one now.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ahh i seethat now. I changed the background pictures...or what i thought was the background...but when i flashed the rom...the manila background was like half white and half black....but the background i cooked in was the background that most HD roms have. the 3D one...its the same background as the black slide to answer...i replaced the files 6b5182a8_manila and 70083a29_manila...with the picture i want...is this wrong?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond