PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HERO!!
Carrier: Sprint

tf2d is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Latest Sprint Expirience..Please Help and Share

It may be a lot, but I really need help

Recently, I had a brain fart and left my Touch on top of my car and drove off. I had one of those gel skins on my phone so it stuck to my car for about 5 minutes and then I heard thump, thump..thump thump..

Clearly my Touch was no more, and I was sent a Diamond as a replacement..

Now my issue:
I have the everything data plan $120 or so a month. I had this same plan on my Touch and was able to tether for internet..Now I have the Diamond and no tethering..The option to yes..but then some Sprint pcs vision bull kills my connection

So I call Sprint..and I get well you don't have a internet sharing option on your plan..and actually with your plan you can't add this feature..
>>at this point I'm somewhat heated
Next I get..It will be take me to get a new plan and pay $45/month to share the internet connection I'M ALREADY GETTING..

I don't want to do this..my dead Touch had its ROM flashed. I know I can flash the Diamond's ROM, but will it help my sharing issue
Old 04-13-2009, 01:02 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Latest Sprint Expirience..Please Help and Share

yes flashing would probably enable sharing. its more dependent on the version of Internet Connection Sharing than it does on the rom but there should be one out there, just a matter of finding it
Old 04-13-2009, 01:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think most of the roms have internet sharing cooked in. I KNOW MightyROM does and I'm pretty sure GrooveROM does also. Just unlock you phone and flash the new rom. Easy as pie.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thanks alot..Sprint really had me upset for a moment..
Old 04-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod

yes you were able to use it becuase you were having a custom rom becuase some cooks enable it by tweaking it out in the registry.... but as far in your diamond you can't used it cuz sprint disable that feature and pay close to 40 bucks for that (correct me if i'm wrong)...

but you can download the cab here. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37947

hope it help
Old 04-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Which rom is the diamond running stock? the 2.0xxx or the 1.09 There is a reg edit to enable tethering via "sprint" rather tan phone as modem.. but if you're on 2.0 it doesn't stick... UNLESS you use the fix that was posted in the new rom thread about htcgaurdian.exe then you're good.

The edit I do to enable tethering is:
HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing
Delete the ixxxx entire key. or put a space for the value (i delete the entire key)
HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing\Settings
Delete the key that says forcecellconnection or change value to Sprint

I delete the key because I can then choose from drop down in internet sharing. Changing to Sprint sets Sprint only no choices

If you're running the newer sprint rom 2.0 then use the gardian fix first!
Old 04-13-2009, 09:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: pre, diamond
Carrier: sprint

kellybrf is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tf2d View Post
thanks alot..Sprint really had me upset for a moment..
youre upset at them for enforcing the tos that you agreed to?
Old 04-13-2009, 11:36 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybrf View Post
That's what I was thinking....

But, at least your issue is something that can be taken care of, with a simple ROM flash or RegEdit.

I do know that Sprint does track Vision data, and can bill you for it, if they choose too....so be careful until you get your first bill, just to maKe sure.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 04-14-2009, 12:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thumbs down Re: Latest Sprint Expirience..Please Help and Share

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybrf View Post
1.Just in case you went from my post count or how low of a level I'm on..You're way in left field for even replying with that useless reply..
2. Flashing, Unlocking, Switching Read Only Memory...Press the backspace button and see all the threads for these..Why do you think people do this? Then, apply the most logical hypothesis to this situation..A bright light bulb should suddenly appear above your head..

Back to the issue at hand..Sprint had convinced me to switch to their "everything plan" say that bc I had 2 lines it would be cheaper..So I bit, but they failed to tell me that now Internet Sharing was an extra charge of $45 extra a month..On top of that I couldn't even add that option with the plan they convinced me to switch to..

This is why I asked to cancel my service, with no charge..and what do you think they gladly did with no penalty?

Last edited by tf2d; 04-14-2009 at 12:19 PM. Reason: forgot to add

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond