PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 04:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

RonaldReagan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
stumbly diamond - thinking of jumping ship.....

I got a diamond to replace my vouge back in december. Even though the resolution is better, it seems to stumble around programs, it doesn't operate smooth at all. there is major lag when using the g sensor to rotate the screen.... I'm thinking of going back to the vouge or maybe the mogul.

Is this normal or could i have a deffective diamond?

Old 04-11-2009, 05:24 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH
Re: stumbly diamond - thinking of jumping ship.....

there is a slight lag but in all honsetly i dont think the rotation lag is worth goin back to the Touch for. there is a way to change the registry for it to poll more often, but i beleive itll kill your batt a lil quicker.

Santod, you know the Reg edit?
Old 04-11-2009, 06:15 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Why? Have you lost your mind? The Diamond is better than the touch in every way.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldReagan View Post
I got a diamond to replace my vouge back in december. Even though the resolution is better, it seems to stumble around programs, it doesn't operate smooth at all. there is major lag when using the g sensor to rotate the screen.... I'm thinking of going back to the vouge or maybe the mogul.

Is this normal or could i have a deffective diamond?
I came from the Vogue last Thanksgiving, and previously owned the Mogul. Both were decent phones in the progression of WM technology, but neither compare to the Diamond. Of course, you need to unlock, find a custom rom to your liking, and learn how to use it. All phones come with a wagon load of unnecessary stuff, which slows them down, and results in lag.

Spend a little time reading in the upgrade forum, along with the "how to" stickies . You will find a whole new world is out there, but it's up to you to take the initiative. I doubt that you'll be disappointed.

PS -- A little friendly advice ... show some respect, and choose a different log in name.

Last edited by wmdunn; 04-11-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Either you have a bad diamond (or bloated), or you have lost your mind.

The lag in the g-sensor.......I've had the 6700 6800 6900 and each of them took longer to rotate the screen and not as smooth, manually of course, but slow slow slow, my diamond is almost instant.

Now talking about stumbling around programs and not being smooth..... My diamond doesn't stumble at all compared to it's predecessors, hardly ever ever freezes up and I can open many programs at once and it still goes smooth, any of the others would be going at a snails pace with just 2 or 3 programs open.

This phone performs like the earlier versions tried too do but couldn't.

P.S. Lag......Finally I can actually use my phone portion like a normal $10 cell phone could do forever, meaning when I push a number it instantly makes the tone and registers it, unlike any of the nightmare 670068006900's where you dial a phone number and the phone is still on the First number and tone and you already entered the whole number<< now that was pathetic.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Threadstarter

RonaldReagan is a n00b

Thanks for all the input. I should have put more about my experiance with phone up.... I've tried mighty mikes roms, juicy's roms, and now i'm using the groove 4 rom.

Is there a way to bench mark the performance?
Old 04-12-2009, 12:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

samnyc is a n00b

I also jumped from the Vogue to the Diamond. I like the better camera, vga, increased memory, wifi, and FM radio but the phone annoyingly laggy and unstable compared to the Vogue. Hopefully these issues get ironed out in a few ROM revisions.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker

jsvt3 is keeping up the good workjsvt3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to jsvt3

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnyc View Post
I also jumped from the Vogue to the Diamond. I like the better camera, vga, increased memory, wifi, and FM radio but the phone annoyingly laggy and unstable compared to the Vogue. Hopefully these issues get ironed out in a few ROM revisions.
I came from a Nextel, and my phone is just as stable as that phone was...What kind of instabilities are you talking about? That's a really broad statement and if your looking for help your going to need to throw out more information...BTW I have mine set to poll more often so my screen rotation is almost instant....

Old 04-12-2009, 02:18 PM
N00b

samnyc is a n00b

I've noticed that there is a delay when I switch tabs. I can switch tabs fine but the actual information in the tab won't show up until a second or two after I switch. I also had a lot of stability issues when flashing roms that was fixed by flashing stock and doing a storage clear. I also get random memory
Old 04-12-2009, 02:28 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

I just thought I would point out that the G sensor Polling Interval can be changed through Advanced Config. Application from the default 200 milliseconds to something less that works well for you on your device. You can also adjust this setting through another app. called, Schaps’ Advanced Configuration Tool v.3. Some of you already probably know this and I just thought I would make that clear for those who don't. You can also just adjust this through the registry directly, however this is probably easier and safer for most users. Touchflo also has some tweaks available to help speed up switching from one tab to another.

For those that want to play in the registry directly, this is where I would go to change the Checking Time for the G Sensor.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\HTCSensor\GSensor\ CheckingTime
Double Click it and change value, then test and see how it responds for you. Mine is currently set at 500 value and seems ok to me.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by santod; 04-12-2009 at 02:49 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond