PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Lurker

veeco is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
would like to buy unlock version

hello,
i plan to buy htc diamond (cdma) from ebay (unlocked version)... does unlocked means compatible with most cdma operator (i live outside us).

Thanks
Old 04-09-2009, 02:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: would like to buy unlock version

Quote:
Originally Posted by veeco View Post
hello,
i plan to buy htc diamond (cdma) from ebay (unlocked version)... does unlocked means compatible with most cdma operator (i live outside us).

Thanks
if i were u, i wud research to make sure u wont f'k ya phone up...for example: the orange network in the uk is not compatible with our cdma in the usa, even tho it said unlocked....never hurts to research b4 u pay for it...HTH
Old 04-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by veeco View Post
hello,

Thanks
no it doesnt mean that you can use it with anyother cdma carriers. It is pointless to buy unlocked cdma phones as you can only use them with the carrier that it is meant to be used with, there are a few exceptions, but it is difficult to get it working right unless someone has posted a thread on how to get it to work with your carrier
could you please be more specific, what carrier is the diamond supposed to be for, and what carrier are you trying to activate it on?
Old 04-10-2009, 03:28 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

even here int he states its not possible to get a Verizon (CDMA) phone on sprint (CDMA) and to get a sprint phone on verizon sometimes is possible if the service rep is having a good day and puts you through to the 3rd tier reps. sux bro do your research.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

snowplow54 is keeping up the good worksnowplow54 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to snowplow54

i've never done it, but isn't it possible to get an unlocked phone to work with a different carrier? like if i want to use my sprint phone on verizon, wouldn't i just need to flash a verizon rom on it, and do an esn swap for the plan i want to use it on? i could be wrong, but i thought thats how it worked.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond