PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Mighty Rom 4.8 no sound for email notification (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64339)

proplayer44 04-09-2009 02:01 PM

Mighty Rom 4.8 no sound for email notification

I have Mighty 4.8 installed. I'm using the Seven application to push email to my phone. However I don't hear a sound when an email comes in. I did before with Mighty 4.4.

My system and ringer are on full blast on the left toggle switch. I also went into sound and notifications and changed the drop down to email notification and it was set to that Crystal sound and I press play and it works.

I also checked the settings in Seven to see if that was the cause. Then I setup another email address not using Seven and it still didn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks

MrObvious 04-09-2009 05:39 PM

Re: Mighty Rom 4.8 no sound for email notification

I think it's the same MR 4.8 ringing bug. Try a stock ringtone.

proplayer44 04-10-2009 09:16 AM

Well this sucks, I just put on Calcs 4.5 and its doing it too. WTF am I doing wrong? Anybody else have this issue while using the Seven app?

lawmangrant 04-10-2009 03:09 PM

Try posting this on Mighty's thread, you might get more of a response from Mike and/or other users.

MrObvious 04-11-2009 02:18 AM

Just turn your e-mail ringtone into a .WAV. Problem solved.

Genjinaro 04-11-2009 04:20 AM

This happened to me using GrooveROM4 today, no sound on email or alarms. R we catchin a bug?? :scratch:

Conflicker mobile? :p

Devileyezz 04-11-2009 07:52 PM

Yes, it's been happening with me too. I don't remember what version of Mighty I'm running on my TELUS Diamond, but I recently installed Seven. It gave me the vibration + ringtone when email arrived, and it also synced the email status (read, unread) accordingly. So, when it worked fine.. and I got an email, it would do the ring dance. If I read that email on PC, seven would sync it to the phone as read and so the little new mail icon goes away.

A couple days after installation, all this stopped. I get emails however, and if it wasn't for the little taskbar notification icon, I wouldn't know I have an email. But no ringtone, and no status syncs.

Offtopic question: Can I close the Seven app that's usually running and it would all work?

proplayer44 04-13-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 840534)
Just turn your e-mail ringtone into a .WAV. Problem solved.

I wish that worked. I changed it to one that comes preinstalled. Alarm-Positive.wav but no go. No ring tone. I'll update Mighty's thread instead.

proplayer44 04-23-2009 03:45 PM

My cause is definitely the email push app SEVEN. I've tried a few different roms. This time I setup my email first not using seven and I was getting the audio notification no problem. I confirmed over and over. But once I installed SEVEN, I no longer get the audio verification. I've checked the SEVEN settings and there is nothing explicitly for verification sounds. I'm not really sure what to do about this. It's a real bummer. Just just be aware if you use Seven to push email it may no longer provide audio verification of email.

proplayer44 04-23-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devileyezz (Post 841902)
Offtopic question: Can I close the Seven app that's usually running and it would all work?

I've found Seven will restart itself automatically after you try and close it. But no if it's not running it will not push the email.