PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: white htc EVO
Carrier: sprint

slow97tsi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to slow97tsi
keyboard issues on new sprint rom 2.00.651.7

Well i got a new diamond through assurion for the replace ment of my touch. Looked on the htc site and found that there was a new eom rom upgrade, so i figured i would load it just to keep it up to date. Every since the new rom was loaded im having an issue with the keyboards in the threaded text messages. Doesnt do it all the time just about 80% of the time and its annoying. I tried searcing but couldnt find nothing. As you can see i posted a video

-i turn the phone on and unlock it,
-go to the text portion of the slide and open the text
instead of the keyboard coming up and staying up so i can type on it it will come up and close its self until i open the keyboard and then click to start typing, Does anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it???

thanks in advance

ps i already reinstalled the rom update again and it still does it does it will all the other keyboards as well, and using standard text instead of threaded its fine
Old 04-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jtc8008 is a n00b
Re: keyboard issues on new sprint rom 2.00.651.7

My keyboard stays up. However I had freezing issues using non stock Keyboards.

Had to uninstall them and I'm stuck with the default crappy diamond keyboard.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

slow97tsi is a n00b

im not having a freezing issue, it just drops on me for some reason, and when i loaded this rom it had the pro keyboard on it so i reinstalled the diamond keyboard but none the less problem presist with all the keyboards that are preloaded in the rom
Old 04-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

try fingerkeyboard v2.1.1 I'm having none of these issues, tested with threaded mode no issues. no freezing. Also this version sets itself as default so there is no need for SIPChange or any annoying choices to make each time you want to use it.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Lennys is a n00b

I find that it will lock on full QWERTY and not be able to switch to the Compact QWERTY which fits my fingers better unless I do a soft reset. Never had problem with the old ROM.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:27 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

That reminds me of building my own ROMs with my 6800 and using builds like 20755 or 20931 and you had to manually go through the threaded texting and actually use the d pad to push up and mark all the messages read. Apparently this build is doing that. Try flashing something else (MightyROM!) and it should go away.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:30 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

slow97tsi is a n00b

yeah thats what i did i ended up just flashing back to the original sprint rom and relocking the phone and it doesnt do it so its has to be something in the build. I installed the new rom 2 times and it still had the issue so BOO!
Old 04-08-2009, 01:03 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It's a WM "feature" so blame Microsoft. Just reflash the 2.00 stock then flash MightyROM 4.8.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

matty032 is keeping up the good workmatty032 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow97tsi View Post
Well i got a new diamond through assurion for the replace ment of my touch. Looked on the htc site and found that there was a new eom rom upgrade, so i figured i would load it just to keep it up to date. Every since the new rom was loaded im having an issue with the keyboards in the threaded text messages. Doesnt do it all the time just about 80% of the time and its annoying. I tried searcing but couldnt find nothing. As you can see i posted a video

-i turn the phone on and unlock it,
-go to the text portion of the slide and open the text
instead of the keyboard coming up and staying up so i can type on it it will come up and close its self until i open the keyboard and then click to start typing, Does anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it???

thanks in advance

ps i already reinstalled the rom update again and it still does it does it will all the other keyboards as well, and using standard text instead of threaded its fine
I have had this happen at least 3 times with mine as well. The keyboard will not stay up. But, unlike you, I have to close the email/text program, and restart it to get it to work..
Old 04-08-2009, 06:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: droid incredible
Carrier: verizon

th3drow is a n00b

that happened to me on a rom, it would do it randomly on anything i would type in. Possibly try a hard reset.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond