PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon 4G (MoPho)
Carrier: Sprint

slmclarengt is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does HTC just make crappy phones and/or radios?

I know people love their Diamonds/TPs on here and I have for months tried to love mine, too :-\. But it fails to love me back.

I do not get many phone calls, they just dont come through. Whether I am in class or in my house, it seems irrelevant mostly. I think it is device-related (had the same problem with my Touch now my Diamond). My texts also come often minimum 15 minutes late... But my bigger issue is when the phone just does not work.

I mean it does NOT work; when I am not getting phone calls correctly, I cannot go on the internet, get texts, phone calls or anything. But the moment I MAKE a phone call, it suddenly starts sending everything (like voicemails/texts).

Chronology:
10am: Working fine, get phone call from company.
11am-3pm: Strange, there were a few phone calls I expected along with texts and/or voicemails. Why are they not there?
3:01pm: Use Opera to see email but get network connection error (phone not working). Call voicemail and hear 'you have 3 new voice messages' (because phone inoperative for 4 hours)
3:02pm: Cuss out device for not giving me missed calls or phone calls/texts at all
3:03pm: Text messages start flowing in at random intervals (one sent at 11:30am may come in first, but then one from 11:13am comes next, very random).
3:30pm-7:00pm: Working fine, getting calls, texts and everything.

Slmclarengt

P.S. Please no flaming, I used the title to particularly get attention and just want to resolve these issues so I do not have to move to another phone...

Last edited by slmclarengt; 04-07-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:38 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH
Re: Does HTC just make crappy phones and/or radios?

have you tried a custom rom?

the "issue" with no internet while on the phone is not the htcs fault Sprint doesnt do voice and data at the same time.
and the late text and missed calls ide probly bet that its signal related or sprints coverage in your area. just a thought.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

sounds like some issues are because of bad signal. I know for a fact that cell phone reception in most schools are horrible. To blame this on one phone is kind of ridiculous, it could also just be "your" phone has issues, try a new one see if that helps.

as for your house, do you live kind of out in the middle of nowhere, if signal is that bad at your house tell Sprint about it and I hear they will practically give you one of their Airave units (signal booster).

I understand your rant as my Diamond also freezes and can sometimes be unreliable, but I just chalk it up as it is a Windows product and that stuff is going to happed regardless. To me the Pro's outdue the Cons on this phone so I don't mind a freeze every once in a while, its nothing that taking the battery out every once in a while hasn't fixed.

Last edited by violent31601; 04-07-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:43 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yeah I think it's your service. Another option might be to update the PRL. I would spend some time on the phone with Sprint Tech Support about this. Make sure you have the stock ROM and bootloader too.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond Gadget ROM

lancem71 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Yeah I think it's your service. Another option might be to update the PRL. I would spend some time on the phone with Sprint Tech Support about this. Make sure you have the stock ROM and bootloader too.
Mr. Obvious- I can't remember exactly where it was but you posted a response on changing how often your phone checks the tower. I went in and changed mine to 1 and I have had no problems with missing calls or texts. Do you remember where this was?

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You need your MSL code
1. dial ##778#
2. hit edit and enter your MSL
3. Hit "view info" lower left side, select modem settings
4. Highlight slot cycle index and hit "menu" lower right side
5 Hit edit and change to 1 or even zero, hit ok and exit out and reset.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond Gadget ROM

lancem71 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post
You need your MSL code
1. dial ##778#
2. hit edit and enter your MSL
3. Hit "view info" lower left side, select modem settings
4. Highlight slot cycle index and hit "menu" lower right side
5 Hit edit and change to 1 or even zero, hit ok and exit out and reset.
Thanks violent. I knew I had seen it somewhere. This definitely helped me out.=D>
Old 04-07-2009, 04:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

mcentreville is a n00b

I'm not with Sprint, but experienced the same issues with my Alltel phone. I'm in a fringe EVDO area, and it was switching constantly between EVDO and 1x (also draining the battery). Over on xda (it's probably here on ppc geeks too), I found a way to force 1x when I'm at home. Yeah, it defeats the purpose of having an evdo equipped phone, but it sure helped on lost/dropped calls & battery drain in a fringe signal area. I guess that's the tradeoff

http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch.../t-445859.html
Old 04-07-2009, 11:35 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Ironically I found I could receive texts better in a fringe area when switching to 1x only. I think EVDO just doesn't get as strong of a signal as 1x.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:05 AM
Lurker

battousaix is a n00b

slmclarengt, i have the EXACT same issue that you do. It can't be the service because it shows that I have full bars and I still don't receive my text messages on time or phone calls. I had a regular HTC touch and went to the sprint store because of this problem, then they sent me a replacement...same problem. So i sold my touch and bought a diamond and yet again...same problem. I've given up hope as I have talked to sprint tech support countless time and the problem still persists. Oh well, i guess i'll have to wait until the Pre.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond