PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 03:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Alltel

jtcrusader is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wife's Diamond Battery Life Horrible

She can't even make it a day with virtually NO USE. I've read about some battery issues with the Diamond, but not like this. Only extra program I've loaded is S2U2 in the latest version. Any suggestions on other settings or possible hacks to optimize battery life?
Old 04-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Wife's Diamond Battery Life Horrible

Use a custom rom. Mighty Rom has wonderful battery life for me.

Flash a different radio.

I should add that changing the radio on my phone about doubled my battery life. Best of luck to you.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

stravy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcrusader View Post
She can't even make it a day with virtually NO USE. I've read about some battery issues with the Diamond, but not like this. Only extra program I've loaded is S2U2 in the latest version. Any suggestions on other settings or possible hacks to optimize battery life?
check your wifi & bluetooth and make sure they are not constantly running. also, if you have any email accounts make sure they aren't constantly checking email.

i have push email running all the time and use my phone a little bit during the day. i unplug it at 7:30 am and when i get home at 5 pm i usually have 70% to 80% battery remaining.

also, just curious, how long have you had the phone?

Last edited by stravy; 04-06-2009 at 04:46 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 04-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I agree with the previous posters... depending on how long she's had it, it may not be too late to condition the battery.

Anythime i get a new phone I follow these steps and within a few days/weeks see VAST improvement in batt life.

for the first 2 weeks i ALWAYS let my battery drain completely before re-charging....

That's it. That's my secret. And it WORKS. if you do this along with some of the other suggestions above you'll have a phone that lasts 2-3 days per charge depending on usage.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 04-06-2009, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

She's had the phone about a month. It's an Alltel phone and ROM. I will double check and make certain the email is set for manual...it is possible she changed it.

I've never tried flashing a different ROM (I enjoy my Vogue the way I have added to it so I've never felt the urge). Maybe I can experiment with her phone.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfuzion View Post
Use a custom rom. Mighty Rom has wonderful battery life for me.

Flash a different radio.

I should add that changing the radio on my phone about doubled my battery life. Best of luck to you.
So I take it from your information the battery efficient Radio you are refering to is the Verizon 1.03.03 Radio from the touch pro, K?????
Old 04-06-2009, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 3Gs
Carrier: AT&T Premiere

rawdog805 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcrusader View Post
She's had the phone about a month. It's an Alltel phone and ROM. I will double check and make certain the email is set for manual...it is possible she changed it.

I've never tried flashing a different ROM (I enjoy my Vogue the way I have added to it so I've never felt the urge). Maybe I can experiment with her phone.
Turn off Beam, and also turn off the GPS if she doesnt use it...
Old 04-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primenall View Post
So I take it from your information the battery efficient Radio you are refering to is the Verizon 1.03.03 Radio from the touch pro, K?????
No. Try clicking the link I provided. Some radios are better in some locations and others are better in other locations, you have to try them out until you find one that is good for you.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well I had tried all of the other radios from the Radio Thread except the v1.03.03 in your sig and am currently using the Telus, with good results, just wondering which you were having your good battery results with?

P.S. In the time since that other post I made, I flashed the 1.03.03 since it was the only one I hadn't tried yet, so which are you running now?
Old 04-06-2009, 09:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

GPS? That should be turned off, unless she left it on playing around with google maps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond