PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

xmovingx is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to xmovingx Send a message via Yahoo to xmovingx
Question wifi / sprint

ok.. so what is the pros and cons to having the wifi on the diamond? my home internet is around 2-3mbs up and down..
and sprints internet is pretty fast, when you (i) use the wifi and sprint internet is the phone using both ???

I just dont like when the wifi feat. is on and it searchs and finda 5 ever conner i turn..
just want to know, i have turned it off, and wasnt sure if there what the pros or cons was to use the wifi, and not just sprint.. ( maybe if you dont have the unlimted plans ? )
Old 04-05-2009, 06:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

snowplow54 is keeping up the good worksnowplow54 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to snowplow54
Re: wifi / sprint

you can also turn your diamond into a wifi router using wmwifi for more info you can go here> http://wmwifirouter.com/. i'm still on the trial, and am considering buying it if I can figure out how to get it to work with my ipod touch.

other than that, usually wifi is faster than 3g, a lot of times its not a mig difference, but it can come in handy when streaming video.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

let me know how it works for you.. I would like to have it, but really would use it a lot or enough to pay 19.99eur ( not sure the u.s to eur exchange )...
and are you on a diamond pro? or non..
Old 04-05-2009, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treo 700wx-->HTC TOUCH DIAMOND

biggaboo is becoming a great contributor

using sprint's internet uses more battery power whereas wifi uses less battery power...I just turn on the wifi evertime I come home...

DIAMOND
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

hmm.. that makes sense.. TY.. do you know if there is something that is there isnt a notification that when the wifi is dropped?
Old 04-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowplow54 View Post
you can also turn your diamond into a wifi router using wmwifi for more info you can go here> http://wmwifirouter.com/. i'm still on the trial, and am considering buying it if I can figure out how to get it to work with my ipod touch.

other than that, usually wifi is faster than 3g, a lot of times its not a mig difference, but it can come in handy when streaming video.
Yep that's about the only thing I use my WIFI for.......turning my phone into an internet access point

Just start up WmWifirouter and bam my laptop is on the internet fast and easy wherever I am with no wires and way better speeds than connecting with bluetooth.

Here is the old old free version of WmWifiRouter the one that works on our Diamonds, just install the cab, open the program and hit connect on the phone, find it with your laptop and connect.
You can set up an encryption key easily too.
Go to Settings\connections\wifi
Highlight all from the drop down menu, you will see wmwifirouter
Select it and then select encryption and enter a key....then use the key when you connect with your laptop.

If you do have trouble after install select crash cleanup from the lower right menu, I currently have the new version but reinstalled the old version to retest and left it on overnight and it changed ics settings, so if you do want it go here.

Last edited by Primenall; 04-06-2009 at 05:15 AM.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:16 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Another thing to consider is if you use over 5GB your carrier may rape your wallet.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowplow54 View Post

loved this program so much i bought the paid version, works great with my ipod touch
Old 04-06-2009, 05:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

snowplow54 is keeping up the good worksnowplow54 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to snowplow54

the program costs $30 american. hey violent, how do you get it to work with your ipod touch? i can get it to receive the wifi signal, but when i open up safari it says there's no internet connection.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have a 1st gen (not sure if that matters). I just set up wifirouter on phone, basically set everything up default with the 128 wap encryption, had Itouch find the router and go into it like any other locked network and put the code in.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond