PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 06:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond touch ROM ver. 1.37.405.1 WWE
Carrier: T-Mobile

richardsoffice is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Repetitive warning sound when battery low

I Need a repetitive loud warning sound (Wav.) when my battery needs recharging.

I do have the freeware Batti 2.4 however this only gives me a single warning sound at Battery-low and one further single warning at critical, and even then only when it is not asleep. As I often leave my Diamond on my desk at home for two or three days at a time without even going to it (unless someone rings me) I forget to check if it needs re-charging, previously it has gone flat and turned itself off without me realising.

By playing with the registry I did manage to make visible under Sounds & Notifications /Event: the Low Battery warning settings (which has since disappeared again?) however when it was there I set a loud sound and checked repeat, but then the sounds at first come every few seconds (most annoying) when the battery had droped to 10% with their frequency gradually diminishing and then desisting after about 15 minutes (no good to me if I’m not in earshot during that 15 minutes) I would prefer them to continue indefinitely until I interact on the low battery warning.

Can anyone either help with the Reg Settings or suggest something to help please?

Last edited by richardsoffice; 04-07-2009 at 07:18 AM. Reason: error
Old 04-04-2009, 01:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Repetitive warning sound when battery low

Probably didn't need a second thread for this? What happened to your first one?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:24 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

op, i have wav files that are sirens. 2 diff. types of sounds on 2 wavs. if you want them pm me your email addy. heres a link to a ton of wavs. guns, bombs ect. http://www.a1freesoundeffects.com/weapons.html

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 04-04-2009 at 02:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:31 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

richardsoffice is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Probably didn't need a second thread for this? What happened to your first one?
Yes I did realize this might be a view taken, but my 1st question was related to Registry Values and died without being resolved, so I posted a question regarding finding/using software, hoping someone could suggest an answer to my dilemma.

Ok so I’m not very good at explaining myself, sorry for that, but I can only try.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:42 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

richardsoffice is a n00b

Thanks Darren, but I have the sounds I want to use, just can’t find any way to trigger them at 5 minute intervals endlessly
Old 04-06-2009, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

a_medina626 knows their stuffa_medina626 knows their stuffa_medina626 knows their stuffa_medina626 knows their stuffa_medina626 knows their stuffa_medina626 knows their stuff

I found this on one of RSTOYGUY's post for modifying Reg's when I was looking to change a SMS notification sound. I believe page 4 talks about adding an option to "repeat" sounds. I didn't get to much into details but I know when using his ROM and you connect your device to Active Sync it repeats "Device Connected to Active Sync" every minute or so. The trick must be in here somewhere, or ask him how he did it. Anyway, Ive attached the Word Doc which I copied and pasted his diections on how and what to modify. Once again, I take no credit for writing this..I just kept it cause I knew it might come in handy...
Attached Files
File Type: zip RegEdits_Ringers_Notify.zip (11.6 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

richardsoffice is a n00b

Yes that’s what I wanted now I have something to work with to solve the problem; I’ll post how it works for me tomorrow, thanks for the file 626.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

a_medina626 knows their stuffa_medina626 knows their stuffa_medina626 knows their stuffa_medina626 knows their stuffa_medina626 knows their stuffa_medina626 knows their stuff

Not a problem, Good Luck and keep us posted.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond