PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond CDMA
Carrier: TELUS

Bray Matter is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stay with HTC Diamond or go to Samsung Omnia i910

Hey all...

New to smartphone world, and just picked up an HTC Touch DIamond CDMA Telus phone.

I think this smartphone is awesome; one and only issue I have is only 4gb of space.

Because its under 2 weeks that I've had it though, I have the option of switching to a Samsung OMnia i910 and I'm torn on what to do, as according to seller, I'll likely have to decide on the spot of which one to go with (without having had the luxury of playing and testing out the omnia)

I've done a fair bit of reading up on these two devices; both sound excellent

I realize its ultimately user preference, but any expert advice or testimonials about why I should go with one over the other would be appreciated.

FYI - also thought about HTC Touch Pro, but would rather not have the thickness due to keyboard

thx in advance
Old 04-04-2009, 06:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

sonicboom is keeping up the good worksonicboom is keeping up the good worksonicboom is keeping up the good work
Re: Stay with HTC Diamond or go to Samsung Omnia i910

with a simple regedit you can do free internet sharing to your PC with the diamond - can the samsung do the same thing? That's the one one thing that keeps me from getting alot of the other devices.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

matty032 is keeping up the good workmatty032 is keeping up the good work

VGA screen on Diamond says it all.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: telus

ericlin0122 is a n00b

Having a stable 4Gb internal memory is much better than unusable 8Gb memory (random file disappearing).
Old 04-05-2009, 03:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

boomhower is becoming a great contributor

I prefer the easy customization of the Diamond. The ROM community adds so much value to the phone its ridiculous. I don't know if I'll be able to go to another phone that doesn't allow the same, but the Pre is tempting me pretty hard.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:18 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

ide say stick with the diamond, way more ways to make it "your Phone" rather than a phone you use. if ya get what i mean.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:23 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Both are good phones. Either way you get a great device. You might see if your carrier will let you compare and see which one works better for you.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

stay with the diamond. i have a pro, fiancee has an omnia so i have experience with both. htc makes much better phones in my opinion
Old 04-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

tbot is a n00b

I agree with the others...i think the diamond is overall a better phone. Plus in my experience HTC has always made really good phones...I can't complain about mine (other than I'm a phone ***** and want something new lol)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond