PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

glendayle is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Questions on "unlocking" PAM, and a few others.

I have a new HTC Diamond from Sprint

1. What exactly is "unlocking" my phone, and what are the pros/cons of doing so?

2. Does anyone have the correct cab file for PAM on the diamond? I had one for my touch, and have tried a couple of others, but I havn't found one that works yet.

3. Does anyone have a "slide to end call" program. I have a slide to answer, but my biggest problem is accidentally hanging up on people. Please help if you have one.

4. Any suggestions for must haves to improve performance, battery life, etc are much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Old 04-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Questions on "unlocking" PAM, and a few others.

Slide to unlock has a slide to end feature.. use version 1.52 (the dream versioni has some issues I've heard).
There are several battery tweaks and such for performance, check out a program called diamond tweak.(just be sure not to mess with the #6--especially 6.1-- items as it tends to mess up the answer function of the phone).

I'll leave the unlocking for someone else.

And the simplest way to do the phone as moden hack is to edit the registry yourself. For me I deleted all keys except MaxCMConnectRetries
HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing.... delete keys except "settings" folder.. in settings folder delete keys except MaxCMConnecRetries.
This way I can choose USB or BlueTooth PAN and I can choose "sprint" or "phone as modem"
Old 04-04-2009, 02:30 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

1) Unlocking means you can flash custom ROMs instead of just stock. Custom ROMs are much better. MightyROM gives you more speed and battery life too.
2) No.
3) Try LockMeLite.
4) MightyROM.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:45 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

glendayle is a n00b

Eenie, Can you post me a link to the thread with the file in it? I can seem to find it via search. Or if you can just post the file, even better. I'm not sure why, but I prefer the idea of finding a hack instead of editing the registry to unlock PAM. Do you know how difficult it is to edit the registry?

Mr Obvious, I guess I'll try to unlock and run mightROM. I've read a few other people talking about it as well. Which version of MightyROM would you suggest?

THanks

Last edited by glendayle; 04-04-2009 at 02:49 AM.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by glendayle View Post
Eenie, Can you post me a link to the thread with the file in it? I can seem to find it via search. Or if you can just post the file, even better. I'm not sure why, but I prefer the idea of finding a hack instead of editing the registry to unlock PAM. Do you know how difficult it is to edit the registry?

Mr Obvious, I guess I'll try to unlock and run mightROM. I've read a few other people talking about it as well. Which version of MightyROM would you suggest?

THanks
Did you even try to read the stickies in the Diamond upgrade forum?
Old 04-04-2009, 10:21 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

It's pretty simple to edit the registry and pretty scary too... I'm not sure that any of the cabs are edited the way I do.. but let me see.

... I'll be back
Old 04-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

glendayle is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
1) Unlocking means you can flash custom ROMs instead of just stock. Custom ROMs are much better. MightyROM gives you more speed and battery life too.
2) No.
3) Try LockMeLite.
4) MightyROM.

I installed MightROM 4.8 last night. For the most part I love it. I wish everything wasn't black and white though. I kind of like the stock icons. In response to your #2 respons, MightyROM has the internet sharing working on it so you can tether. I was stoked to find that out.

Thanks
Old 04-06-2009, 01:26 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You can download a Lil' Rico theme and change that. That's what I did. I find it's pretty close to perfect.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond