PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Telus Diamond ROm (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63381)

italoman 04-02-2009 01:08 PM

Telus Diamond ROm

Which is the best Telus Touch Diamond Rom...I am having issues with Mystery & Mighty?

I would like a new ROM if there are any out there?

If someone could point me in the right direction

Thanks

tobeychris 04-02-2009 01:09 PM

Re: Telus Diamond ROm

Carrier makes no difference... it's all about personal preference.

Maybe it would help if you listed the problems you were having.

italoman 04-02-2009 01:12 PM

hello tobeychris

it keeps freezing on me on the main touchdiamond screen and then I have to do a Hard reset to get back up...then lasts for a few hours then it happens again?

dj_mysha 04-02-2009 01:30 PM

There seems to be a bunch of people having issues with random hard resets and freezing these days. A possible explanation that has been floated is people flashing between the different SYS versions out there, spanning 19xxx, 20xxx and 21xxx. A suggested fix that has seen reported success is flashing your shipped ROM and then re-flashing your custom ROM of choice.
As for carrier specific ROMs, some chefs make them, others go generic. My own personal experience is that it doesn't make any difference as every CDMA ROM I have flashed on my TELUS Diamond has worked fine. Your results may vary.

italoman 04-02-2009 01:47 PM

Is it possible to run groove rom 4? on telus diamond?

Also what if I format both drives and install rom fres will that help?

dj_mysha 04-02-2009 02:09 PM

I'll answer your question here, but remember that your best bet is always to read through the ROM's thread to determine if it will work on your carrier (you'll see a post from me in the grooveROM 4 thread stating that both the 6.1 and 6.5 versions worked fine for me on TELUS). You'll also learn a lot about the ROM's features and possible bugs. If you're having trouble finding specific answers, just click on "Search this Thread" and type in TELUS.
The best bet to make sure that you're starting nice and fresh is to flash the TELUS shipped ROM, which you can find here. Make sure that you let it complete customization. Once that's done, hard reset your phone. Let customization complete again. Finally, flash the custom ROM of your choice.
I don't think that you need to worry about formatting your Internal Storage. I've had my Diamond since last August and have flashed countless ROMs and have never reformatted my Internal Storage. Your results may vary, but I would class reformatting as a last resort only kind of fix.

italoman 04-02-2009 02:17 PM

THANKS DJ MYSHA for your excellent Help...It is greatly appreciated

Thank-you again

dj_mysha 04-02-2009 02:20 PM

No problem, happy to help! Don't just type thanks, click the Thanks button. Click for tobeychris as well, he's your best friend when it comes to TELUS questions.

MrObvious 04-02-2009 03:11 PM

MightyROM works fine. You probably just need to hard reset a couple times straight to get it to work.

machold 04-11-2009 11:20 AM

Hello,
I'm on Telus; tried a few ROMS, most are good, some are quirky. But for Telus, the best, IMHO, are Blue or Red ROM. Go here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/search.php?searchid=5789045

Could also be that my phone likes them and while another might not. Dunno.
HTH

Quote:

Originally Posted by italoman (Post 818615)
Which is the best Telus Touch Diamond Rom...I am having issues with Mystery & Mighty?

I would like a new ROM if there are any out there?

If someone could point me in the right direction

Thanks