PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best Screen Protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
Found full body skin for my Diamond here-->

http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/the-107/HTC-Touch-Diamond-(CDMA/Detail

10.00 shipped. I dont know if Ill ever use the back and side protection but I may try it out and see how it looks.
I'll update on how it turns out
arn't them A lot like Zagg's Invisableshield?
Old 04-03-2009, 02:27 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post
arn't them A lot like Zagg's Invisableshield?
Im not sure, I hope their not as "grippy" I read several reviews that say they dont have the "orange peel" look and that they have a smooth surface, guess Ill have to wait and see.

Also on a seperate note, I got totally hosed on a skin off of ebay. heres what I was supposed to get-->

http://cgi.ebay.com/FOR-HTC-SPRINT-T...3A1%7C294%3A50

and this is what I got. (see attachments)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAGE_019.jpg (600.8 KB, 56 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMAGE_020.jpg (594.7 KB, 41 views) Click for barcode!

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 04-03-2009, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MF'n Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

thisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I just got some mirror screen protector's from ebay. It's holding up so far to scratches and the mirror looks good, but sometimes its a little too much glare to see the screen. I got six of them, so once I go through them, I'll probably pick up some clear ones.

Also, another tip for a perfect application of any protector. To eliminate bubbles and foreign crap getting under the protector, apply it in the bathroom with the shower on scolding hot. The stream will grab anything floating in the air and let you have a perfect application.

Juicy 7 090530 ROM

Feel free to buy me a beer if my work has helped you out.

Sprint Touch Cube Configuration Tool

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:43 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Threadstarter

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguyinoc View Post
I just got some mirror screen protector's from ebay. It's holding up so far to scratches and the mirror looks good, but sometimes its a little too much glare to see the screen. I got six of them, so once I go through them, I'll probably pick up some clear ones.

Also, another tip for a perfect application of any protector. To eliminate bubbles and foreign crap getting under the protector, apply it in the bathroom with the shower on scolding hot. The stream will grab anything floating in the air and let you have a perfect application.
Thats good advise man, I always install mine in the bathroom, cause everytime I dont I wind up with lint or dust under the protector, and a spec of dust looks like a mountain when you get done!

I had wondered about the giare on the mirrored screen protectors, now I know
Old 04-03-2009, 10:52 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

I have used Boxwave Anti-glare protectors on my last 2 Touches and now on my 2 Digital cameras. They have worked great for me. Was thinking of trying the crystal-clear on my new Diamond, but I really liked how the Anti-glare did not show fingerprints, which means your not wiping the screen off all the Time. I'll probably order one when my stock protector gets scratched up.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:52 AM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Threadstarter

Ya Iv been pretty impressed with the stock protector, But I didnt do the best job getting it on so it has some bubbles in it. If I knew what kind they was for sure Id probably keep useing them. But seems like noone knows for sure
Old 04-04-2009, 10:42 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

jdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuff

Check out my thread for the BSE for my touch pro. Its only 7.99 for the full skin, and Im pretty happy with it, perfectly clear. See my pics in post #24.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=bestskinsever
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: SPRINT

R0B3RT is a n00b

I put a BSE shield on my wifes Diamond, looks good. I had zagg on my vogue, BSE is much better. The only thing is, they left out the protection on the gunmetal trim. The TP shield covers everything, just installed one for a friend. I reccomend BSE to anyone, good price too.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:44 PM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have no clue how much those screen protectors your buying cost. But maybe this is a silly alternative?

Dont put a screen protector on.... Use it till it looks crappy.

Buy a new screen and digitizer...

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.20648

Although this solution would probably void your waranty.

But for people who dropped their phones, this maybe a good solution for a cracked screen.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:54 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Threadstarter

Well, I got mybestskinsever skin installed and Im not that impressed, its pretty much identical to invisibleshield. the website said it didnt have the "orangepeel" look but its just as bad as invisibleshield if not worse.
But if your thinkin about getting an invisibleshield I would definatly reccomend bestskinsever. Same thing but more coverage for less money.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond