PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Bell Mobility pre installed software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63366)

Gsxrboy 04-02-2009 11:25 AM

Bell Mobility pre installed software

I tried doing a search to find out how to remove some of the pre-installed programs that Bell Mobility has installed on my HTC Touch Diamond. The one program I want to remove is the GPSNav. I have gone into add/remove programs on the phone, but that program is not listed. Is there a step by step on how to remove some of the pre-installed programs? I have not unlocked the phone, nor do I plan on doing so. Its for business use and I need the phone as stable as possible.

Bell Mobility
HTC Touch Diamond
Not Unlocked

meatgel 04-02-2009 11:39 AM

Re: Bell Mobility pre installed software

The program is most likely built into the ROM and if you are not going to unlock and flash a new ROM, you can't uninstall it.

phone swapper 04-02-2009 12:20 PM

If you are referring to the bell UI then you will have to hard reset the phone in order to remove the software. Use the clear storage app in the settings menu (remember to only clear the phone memory and not your internal storage). I find that this software, while useful, is not nearly as good as touch flo 3d. I would suggest backing up your info with pim backup and performing a hard reset. Once this occurs it will try to customize. This is the step where your phone installs the bell ui software and all that other stuff.. When it says "customizing in 3 seconds", soft reset the phone by using the stylus to push the reset button under the battery cover. The phone will try this either twice or three times. Continue to soft reset until no longer prompted to. The phone will now have touchflo 3d and no other bloatware. You will have to install your build of choice for opera but thats it.. Hope this helps..

Gsxrboy 04-02-2009 02:46 PM

Thank you, I might try that. I was really just looking for removing certain programs on the phone. I am assuming that there is no other way, other than installing a customer ROM for me to do this. i guess I will just have to live with it.

Thanks for replying to my question. =D>

DerekKent 07-08-2009 10:27 AM

I'm interested in unlocking and installing a new rom, will any rom work for the bell cdma HTC TP?

DerekKent 07-08-2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phone swapper (Post 818498)
If you are referring to the bell UI then you will have to hard reset the phone in order to remove the software. Use the clear storage app in the settings menu (remember to only clear the phone memory and not your internal storage). I find that this software, while useful, is not nearly as good as touch flo 3d. I would suggest backing up your info with pim backup and performing a hard reset. Once this occurs it will try to customize. This is the step where your phone installs the bell ui software and all that other stuff.. When it says "customizing in 3 seconds", soft reset the phone by using the stylus to push the reset button under the battery cover. The phone will try this either twice or three times. Continue to soft reset until no longer prompted to. The phone will now have touchflo 3d and no other bloatware. You will have to install your build of choice for opera but thats it.. Hope this helps..

Thanks, I know this worked on my touch but I tried it on my touch pro and after the 9th soft reset and it still customizing with the preloaded bell $&!# i decided it wasn't going to work. Where can I find compatible ROMs? I think this is the route to go.

click 07-08-2009 11:38 AM

A good start would be in the Touch Pro section. And because Bell is a cdma company, you would want a cdma rom. do not try to flash a diamond rom, you will brick your phone. same thing if you use a gsm rom of any kind.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68

secondly, forum rules state that this kind of post does not belong in the upgrades section!!! only roms or developed upgrades can be posted here -- save your questions for the regular forums (in this case, the HTC Diamond base forum or the HTC Touch Pro base forum..)

CozBoogie 07-08-2009 12:42 PM

Moved to the general Diamond Forum.

late,
Coz