PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 10:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

majorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help!-Cab files disappeared from Internal Storage

Hi all,

I need help, I'm not sure what I did or installed but for some reason it looks like all of the cab files on my internal storage have disappeared. I was playing around with a few apps this morning on my way to work, apptodate,PDM,Device Update trying to see if I liked any of them. I get to work and when I looked in my Internal Storage all the apps in /Internal Storage/CABs and Temp/ were missing. Luckily I have most of the things I use backed up on my work pc but I can't help but feel I lost something. Can anyone help? Did one of the apps I installed cause this?? I couldn't get device update working, PDM and apptodate I've used before but I never ran in to this.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:04 AM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Help!-Cab files disappeared from Internal Storage

i would uninstall & reset or hardreset
Old 04-02-2009, 10:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

majorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by salisburyl View Post
i would uninstall & reset or hardreset
And that would help me how? Everything is working fine on my phone, just the cab files went missing. I don't want it to happen again, uninstall/reset/hard reset makes no sense. I can uninstall the apps I installed this morning, I'm just paranoid that one of them is responsible for wiping out my cabs. Thanks for trying though!
Old 04-02-2009, 10:48 AM
VIP BABY

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorassface View Post
And that would help me how? Everything is working fine on my phone, just the cab files went missing. I don't want it to happen again, uninstall/reset/hard reset makes no sense. I can uninstall the apps I installed this morning, I'm just paranoid that one of them is responsible for wiping out my cabs. Thanks for trying though!
whats what i was saying is if one of them caused this then unilsatll the one or all of the ones you this morning
Old 04-02-2009, 11:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: Help!-Cab files disappeared from Internal Storage(RESOLVED)

Thanks Sal, I kind of figured. I had some time here @work so I decided to try and re-create it on a smaller scale. I dropped some cabs in to my internal storage and played around in thte setting of the apps I had installed. I discovered that the PDM(Pocket Download Manager) was to blame. There is an option to clear cabs after installed. If I check this option and exit the app, it deletes all of the cabs on my internal storage/cabs but I think it also deletes them from any folder but luckily it only goes one folder deep. I had nested folders and the nested folders are safe. I am uninstalling it now and I advise anyone who wants to keep their cabs to not use this app or atleast be very careful with the settings.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:04 AM
VIP BABY

thanx i will stay away that sucks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond