PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Help!-Cab files disappeared from Internal Storage (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63357)

majorassface 04-02-2009 10:00 AM

Help!-Cab files disappeared from Internal Storage

Hi all,

I need help, I'm not sure what I did or installed but for some reason it looks like all of the cab files on my internal storage have disappeared. I was playing around with a few apps this morning on my way to work, apptodate,PDM,Device Update trying to see if I liked any of them. I get to work and when I looked in my Internal Storage all the apps in /Internal Storage/CABs and Temp/ were missing. Luckily I have most of the things I use backed up on my work pc but I can't help but feel I lost something. Can anyone help? Did one of the apps I installed cause this?? I couldn't get device update working, PDM and apptodate I've used before but I never ran in to this.

madcook 04-02-2009 10:04 AM

Re: Help!-Cab files disappeared from Internal Storage

i would uninstall & reset or hardreset

majorassface 04-02-2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salisburyl (Post 818205)
i would uninstall & reset or hardreset

And that would help me how? Everything is working fine on my phone, just the cab files went missing. I don't want it to happen again, uninstall/reset/hard reset makes no sense. I can uninstall the apps I installed this morning, I'm just paranoid that one of them is responsible for wiping out my cabs. Thanks for trying though!

madcook 04-02-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majorassface (Post 818267)
And that would help me how? Everything is working fine on my phone, just the cab files went missing. I don't want it to happen again, uninstall/reset/hard reset makes no sense. I can uninstall the apps I installed this morning, I'm just paranoid that one of them is responsible for wiping out my cabs. Thanks for trying though!

whats what i was saying is if one of them caused this then unilsatll the one or all of the ones you this morning

majorassface 04-02-2009 11:00 AM

Re: Help!-Cab files disappeared from Internal Storage(RESOLVED)

Thanks Sal, I kind of figured. I had some time here @work so I decided to try and re-create it on a smaller scale. I dropped some cabs in to my internal storage and played around in thte setting of the apps I had installed. I discovered that the PDM(Pocket Download Manager) was to blame. There is an option to clear cabs after installed. If I check this option and exit the app, it deletes all of the cabs on my internal storage/cabs but I think it also deletes them from any folder but luckily it only goes one folder deep. I had nested folders and the nested folders are safe. I am uninstalling it now and I advise anyone who wants to keep their cabs to not use this app or atleast be very careful with the settings.

madcook 04-02-2009 11:04 AM

thanx i will stay away that sucks