PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: SPrint

JaxDreamFunding is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JaxDreamFunding Send a message via MSN to JaxDreamFunding
Dunno where to turn for help...

I am getting ready to do my second HARD reset in 18 hours...here is what happened...

Phone working great...no major issues...lots installed....all of a sudden the sound for my ringer and SMS stopped working. I use SBSH Phone Weaver...so I went in to adjust my settings ... and when I went to play the sound, the program exited and I got an error...

Then I tried to simply go into control panel to soudns and notifications and test the sound...and I got a message that the sound was corrupt....but I got that will ALL sounds...

Then I tried to open Media Player....NOTHING....

Did a hard reset and tried to restore my backup...same issue...

Did a hard reset and reinstalled from scratch....everything was great.....worked for about 11 hours....then the same issue again....

Here are the sound related programs I am running:

g-Alarm
Inesoft Address Book
SBSH Phone Weaver

Other than that...that is all I have added for sound....

Everything else works fine...I am stumped and do not know what to do...

Please help and this is taking up way too much time...and I am missing calls and messages...

thanks!
Old 04-01-2009, 02:44 PM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Dunno where to turn for help...

I would try reflashing to stock... and redownloading and reflashing the ROM you were using... The files may have been corrupted during download.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to JaxDreamFunding Send a message via MSN to JaxDreamFunding

I am on a stock rom...NEVER flashed this phone to anything else...so no files were corrupt during download...

Plus the phoen had been working fine for a couple months....do...back to Hard reset and we will see

Thanks!
Old 04-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Try hard reset reload fresh and leave out all 3 xtra sound programs, if your sounds last all day add one back at a time until you find what/if any is the culprit.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
Try hard reset reload fresh and leave out all 3 xtra sound programs, if your sounds last all day add one back at a time until you find what/if any is the culprit.
Yeppers...think I found the culprit...

After racking my brain for a while...I remembered that just before the problem happened, I updates S2U2 from version 1.52 to 1.61...I left S2U2 off totally after the Hard Reset and all was fine....so I went back to 1.52 and am testing now....

Grrrr....this had been a big pain....but thanks for the input.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:42 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

yeah I decided to stay with 1.52 .. it is working fine and I really don't need to venture into new features just because they are there.... less headache that way.

Glad you found the issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond