PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 07:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

cerino2000 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can't you just modify simple registry areas for custom appearance?

I have been reading for hours about modifying the appearance of my Alltel Diamond. With the 6900 I was able to modify an xml file of some kind and make the phone look how I wanted it to.

It appears to me that no one is doing that because I haven't seen a thread yet where someone did that do modify the phone. Most appear to use something called TF3D Config.

Why is this? Is the touch flow appearance handled in compiled code that TF3D config cracks or is it that it's easier to manipulate it using the tool as opposed to manually?

Also, what is manilla? The programming language of the TF3D application?

Does TF3D blow away the cities under the weather feature of the phone?

Ultimately, I simply want to modify the appearance of my phone. I saw some Black themes that I really liked and I would like to modify my phone to something similar. Am I unable to do this just by modifying a few xml files?

Thanks!
Old 03-31-2009, 08:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59
Re: Can't you just modify simple registry areas for custom appearance?

Welcome! The TF3D Config tool makes it easier to change or add different features to a Touchflo system. That along with the program Diamond Tweaks.Here are 3 apps you might try.
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Remember To Click THANKS If Someone Helps"
Old 03-31-2009, 08:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59

If you have a problem with TF3D Config app, open up its folder, there are 2 parts. Delete the file "O" Tweaks then try it.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:28 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cerino2000 is a n00b

Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and put on the tf3d tool. It did not mess with my weather citeis.

Here's a good example of what I was asking about: I installed the Black theme. When you are in say the settings area or even on the start menu the highlighted items are in an alien green color. I want to change all of those to a grey with white lettering instead. Will any of the tools linked allow me to do that?

Thanks again for the replies.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!
Carrier: Sprint

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You can change the colors with reg edits like microsoft color (like winmo 5), the top and bottom nav bars, some highlights, but mainly TF3D can be manipulated with Photoshop.

Look into CFCGUI, saving your Windows folder fromtyour phone to your desktop, then running CFCGUI. Pull the files out into png's, edit in photoshop, then replace them back into your windows folder via CFCGUI. It's fairly simple, just give it a go.

Forgot to add also look for M9Editor, its also a good program to decipher what manila are what. Then you can do some hex editing and change the colors of the fonts on different tabs, and whatnot.

Last edited by TREmp77; 03-31-2009 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:46 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cerino2000 is a n00b

I found what I was looking for and will post for others looking to do the same. After applying the black theme, the menu highlights are green for some reason. Those particular items are handled in the registry. The info is here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=442286
Old 04-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Also to change your weather cities you can load up weather database editor (use version 1.1 modified... here's a link for more info:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...atabase+editor

BTW this serves as my 1000th post, I'm a VIP! LOL
Old 04-01-2009, 11:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerino2000 View Post
Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and put on the tf3d tool. It did not mess with my weather citeis.

Here's a good example of what I was asking about: I installed the Black theme. When you are in say the settings area or even on the start menu the highlighted items are in an alien green color. I want to change all of those to a grey with white lettering instead. Will any of the tools linked allow me to do that?

Thanks again for the replies.
i used customizer to change the color of highlighted items, highlighted text, etc...HTH
Attached Files
File Type: zip customizer.zip (3.63 MB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-01-2009, 11:47 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I would recommend flashing MightyROM or another custom ROM but as far as I'm concerned MR is the best.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:09 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cerino2000 is a n00b

I have a question about roms if someone cares to answer:

What exactly is the ROM? Is it a new operating system? What does flashing a new rom give you that you don't have until you install a new rom?

What is being used to do the flash?

Once you have flashed with a new rom, do you lose the ability to do a hard reset and go back to stock form?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond