PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 12:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

vortex91 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
bricked my phone?

i lost my old one and got a new one from asurane (sprint insurance)

anyhow i unlocked like always and loaded groove rom. Worked all day yesterday just fine.... put it on charge woke up this morning to phone rninging but screen is black???? hard reset still screen is black??? batter out for 1 min still screen black??? tryed to flash to factory bin can not??? however phone rings to incoming calls and i can even answer and talk????

Oh activy synch works and i can access internal storage of phone

any ideas???

Last edited by vortex91; 04-07-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH
Re: bricked my phone?

your screen just might be dead.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

vortex91 is a n00b

i thought the same thing.... so was trying to flash original image to phone to go to sprint for service.... but thats failing so now im puzzeled
Old 04-07-2009, 01:37 PM

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

`have you checked out this thread on flashing stock sprint rom and locking it, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062 i just did it to my brothers phone about an hour ago and worked like a charm,

you might not be able to lock it back up since you have to tap the screen to set up but i think youde be alright if it had the the stock rom an it be unlocked, they probly wont notice it. and you can explain it being on the tap to set up menu, cuz you can tell them you hard reset. good luck and i hope it works out for you.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:46 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

vortex91 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonzbabysh View Post
`have you checked out this thread on flashing stock sprint rom and locking it, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062 i just did it to my brothers phone about an hour ago and worked like a charm,

you might not be able to lock it back up since you have to tap the screen to set up but i think youde be alright if it had the the stock rom an it be unlocked, they probly wont notice it. and you can explain it being on the tap to set up menu, cuz you can tell them you hard reset. good luck and i hope it works out for you.

thats exactly what i was trying to do but im getting error 260 timeout when trying to update the rom to stock rom.... i just dont get why this is happening cuz active synch work and even the phone gets incomding calls
Old 04-07-2009, 01:55 PM

Error 260 is a connection error. Your device is having an issue with its USB connection. Check your hardware manager to make sure all the drivers are installed correctly (if you have "Unknown Device" while your device is plugged in, that may be a clue).

Also make sure you have the developer version of hardspl installed. Error 260, while being a communication error over USB, may be showing up because the operation is timing out.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:01 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

vortex91 is a n00b

this is just defective phone is all i can gather. This is same USB cable that i used to flash and same latop. Devic emanger detets phone fine so does active synch. I can eve use file explorer to view files/folders on the HTC
Old 04-07-2009, 02:04 PM

hopfully sinces its a hardware issue and not due to software (which they could blame on Unlocked and Custom Rom) they might be able to switch it out for you at sprint. sorry i coulndt be more of a help. good luck at sprint bro.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:08 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Can you stick it in bootloader mode?
Old 04-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

vortex91 is a n00b

been trying just not sure if its doing it or not.... since i get nothing on screen. power + volume down+ circle + reset held it for 15 secs

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond