PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 09:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

Steve803 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Today Pic Stuck??

For some reason I can't change my Today background.... I've went in thru pics/videos... 'Set pic as desktop background'... Still no change. I've went in thru the Today tab in settings.... Browsed, checked 'Use this pic as background'... Still can't change it. I've soft reset... Still no change.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 04-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Steve803 is a n00b
Re: Today Pic Stuck??

I did a HARD reset & the shyat changed.... But then went right back!! What gives???
Old 04-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Nah.. this is a common new user error.. Using the method you described WILL change your today background but it is independant of TouchFlo3D... so what you really want to do is be in TouchFlo3D .. where you see the sprint clock and appointments etc.. slide over to your "Settings" Tab (Not Start/Settings) and then you'll see an option for "wallpaper" click that and you'll find what you need.

Be advised this will change ONLY the first "clock" screen. The rest of your screens will have the default wallpaper.
If you want to change this you have several options, install a premade complete theme (check the themes forum under VGA themes), create your own theme using the various manila editing programs, install background4all or panoramabackground setups, or be happy with just clock screen changing.

Read a few of the threads about posting today screens (there are links to how/where to get setup), search the pano thread and background4all thread as well as corner clock thread, check the PRO forum too because those same setups (manila looks-wise) are interchangable, and be sure to go to the themes forum and read the sticky abuot how to customize manila by goodthings2life its very helpful..

My advice, to read for a few days to be sure you know which way you want to go.. these customizations have come a long way since September release of our phones (and earlier) so there are quite a few paths to choose from.

Good Luck and be sure to ask for help, there are many helpful and knowledgable geeks on here!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Steve803 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
Nah.. this is a common new user error.. Using the method you described WILL change your today background but it is independant of TouchFlo3D... so what you really want to do is be in TouchFlo3D .. where you see the sprint clock and appointments etc.. slide over to your "Settings" Tab (Not Start/Settings) and then you'll see an option for "wallpaper" click that and you'll find what you need.

Be advised this will change ONLY the first "clock" screen. The rest of your screens will have the default wallpaper.
If you want to change this you have several options, install a premade complete theme (check the themes forum under VGA themes), create your own theme using the various manila editing programs, install background4all or panoramabackground setups, or be happy with just clock screen changing.

Read a few of the threads about posting today screens (there are links to how/where to get setup), search the pano thread and background4all thread as well as corner clock thread, check the PRO forum too because those same setups (manila looks-wise) are interchangable, and be sure to go to the themes forum and read the sticky abuot how to customize manila by goodthings2life its very helpful..

My advice, to read for a few days to be sure you know which way you want to go.. these customizations have come a long way since September release of our phones (and earlier) so there are quite a few paths to choose from.

Good Luck and be sure to ask for help, there are many helpful and knowledgable geeks on here!
You are.... THEEEE BEST!!!!!!!! That was the only thing I hadn't tried yet. Worked like a charm!
Old 04-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I bet every single one of us made the same mistake when we first got our phones!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond