PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 02:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

fal44tp is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help if needed?

Hey, umm well I've used ppcgeeks before to unlock my old htc touch 6900? and well thanks for everything.. I recently broke that phone and called sprint and they sent me a diamond..

anyways..

I think I can unlock my phone again(wasn't to hard), but I've never had a custom rom, just added new programs on my phone and I will probably get stuck somewhere along the way.. just looking for some help.

few questions..

I read that I can do all this on a windows VISTA system? correct?

and I'm currently looking at mighty's rom and grooves..

anyone who uses either could you tell me how they run?
Old 03-31-2009, 02:31 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Help if needed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fal44tp View Post
Hey, umm well I've used ppcgeeks before to unlock my old htc touch 6900? and well thanks for everything.. I recently broke that phone and called sprint and they sent me a diamond..

anyways..

I think I can unlock my phone again(wasn't to hard), but I've never had a custom rom, just added new programs on my phone and I will probably get stuck somewhere along the way.. just looking for some help.

few questions..

I read that I can do all this on a windows VISTA system? correct?

and I'm currently looking at mighty's rom and grooves..

anyone who uses either could you tell me how they run?
Welcome to the Diamond forum. Yes, you can use vista and WMDC to flash roms. Regarding your question, Both of these roms are exceptional. All of the chefs do great work so its best to try a few out to see how you like them. Good luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:35 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

fal44tp is a n00b

Thanks for the quick reply, appreciate it... Ill look to the sticky's for general help to run the custom rom's on my phone, but I might get stuck somewhere, or not understand the certain terms or how to do something.

thanks.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:43 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply, appreciate it... Ill look to the sticky's for general help to run the custom rom's on my phone, but I might get stuck somewhere, or not understand the certain terms or how to do something.

thanks.
sure. no problem. I personally use xp and active sync but if you check the unlocking sticky on the first page http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062, it will show you what you need to do to unlock the device. if you have questions, people will respond that use vista. it's fairly straight forward once you get comfortable with the steps. One other thing, most of the roms are packaged already for flashing. so once you unlock, you just need to extract the rar to a folder on your desktop and install. There no need to grab the nbh and dump it into the diamond ruu each time. you can also flash via internal storage but I dont normally do this. Tobey is very responsive or someone else will help if you post a question.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:14 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

fal44tp is a n00b

what exactly is extracting a file? just opening up the downloading moving the rar file to a new folder and then uploading that onto the phone? and do I need to hard reset my phone? this is a brand new phone, which has no info..

Last edited by fal44tp; 03-31-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:20 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
what exactly is extracting a file? just opening up the downloading moving the rar file to a new folder and then uploading that onto the phone? and do I need to hard reset my phone? this is a brand new phone, which has no info..
Install winrar on your pc. http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR/3000...html?tag=mncol its free and even when the trial is over, you can still use it for free. When you download a custom rom, right click on the the rar file and extract it to a folder on your desktop. Its the 6th selection on my list after right clicking and says "extract to rom name" Once it's on your desktop, click on the folder and select Custom_RUU.exe. It will take you through the flashing process from there.

keep in mind you still need to go through the process of unlocking your phone first. good luck.

Last edited by Riley; 03-31-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

fal44tp is a n00b

alright man, i unlocked my phone already now all I need to do is run the rom part. doesn't seem to difficult, but thanks for everything.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:30 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

fal44tp is a n00b

now I need some help, I can't seem to get my internet working now that I've unlocked my phone. I have my msl code, need suggestions on what to do. maybe switch to another rom do the ##data# and input different numbers or info.

'

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond