PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Boost Bluetooth Signal Strength? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62988)

sonicboom 03-30-2009 03:19 PM

Boost Bluetooth Signal Strength?

Is there anyway to boost the strength of the bluetooth signal? I am in effect trying to boost the range that my bluetooth can be from whatever gadget I am using that is receiving the bluetooth signal.

dominicricci 03-30-2009 05:33 PM

Re: Boost Bluetooth Signal Strength?

I do not believe there is anyway to do this unless your willing to take apart your phone and replace the chip with a different frequency and longer range on it which takes time effort and can void possible warranty.

b4u2 03-31-2009 08:30 AM

The range on my phone sux! I have tried all the tweaks & I can barely go 10 feet without it cutting out.

dominicricci 03-31-2009 08:43 AM

mine isn't bad actualy I am here downstairs turn it on and I can get my moms computer upstairs...

kill_dano 03-31-2009 09:41 AM

A2DP range could be better. When I put my phone in my left pocket it skips. Right pocket and it's OK lol

MrObvious 03-31-2009 12:58 PM

MightyROM comes with some good profiles for BT.

b4u2 03-31-2009 01:59 PM

I am running the latest MightyRom.

sonicboom 03-31-2009 03:23 PM

Does the mightyrom have a different BT stack or juat different registry settings than the stock rom? (Sprint)

Long Con 02-23-2010 02:32 PM

Has anything come out that can boost Bluetooth signal strength since the last post here, almost a year ago?

I recently got a pair of MotoROKR Bluetooth Headphones, and the music skips when the phone is in my coat pocket. :(

rhacy 02-25-2010 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Long Con (Post 1585092)
Has anything come out that can boost Bluetooth signal strength since the last post here, almost a year ago?

I recently got a pair of MotoROKR Bluetooth Headphones, and the music skips when the phone is in my coat pocket. :(

Not that I'm aware of... The Diamond has a fairly weak Class 2 Bluetooth radio, and a weak Wifi radio for that matter. Motorala has the Class 1 SoundPilot S705 BT Stereo Headset with FM Stereo available. The unit uses earbuds though, and the built in phone mic is pretty weak. Fortunately, streaming music is stronger due to the Class 1 rating. In turn, you can have the Diamond streaming from inside a case without any BT packet loss problems. That said, it's not like having the range of two Class 1 BT devices paired, but it's better than two weak Class 2 devices paired for sure. The included earbuds are cheap, so I'd recommend trying out the Sony MDR-ED21LP Fontopia In-The-Ear Earbuds. They do not fit tightly in my ear canals, and stay in my ears, even while skating pools or mountain biking. Plus, they still allow outside sounds in for safety, and have decent sound at a reasonable price. If you're not into earbud type BT headsets, try to find a Class 1 or a strong Class 2 headset that works with your Diamond. Checking out online reviews may help as well.

Best to all,
R