PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Gsxrboy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Diamond Mighty ROM 6.1

I have installed both Mighty ROM 6.5 and 6.1 to free up a bunch of memory and have access to the FM Radio. I am finding that with either rom my phone freezes, then I shut it down and upon restart it starts to re-install it self. After the re-install, it is all wonky and does not perform well. I might just go back to the bell rom that came with the original phone.

Any ideas on what is the issue?
Old 01-18-2010, 07:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work
Re: Touch Diamond Mighty ROM 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsxrboy View Post
I have installed both Mighty ROM 6.5 and 6.1 to free up a bunch of memory and have access to the FM Radio. I am finding that with either rom my phone freezes, then I shut it down and upon restart it starts to re-install it self. After the re-install, it is all wonky and does not perform well. I might just go back to the bell rom that came with the original phone.

Any ideas on what is the issue?
did you flash to shipped before installing the rom? That is the recommended order of things.

Don't forget to hit the thanks button when something helped you!

Old 01-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

myqj is a n00b

I'm running mighty rom 6 with no problems...
Old 01-21-2010, 05:07 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by etski View Post
did you flash to shipped before installing the rom? That is the recommended order of things.
That is what it sounds like to me.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:02 PM
sparkdiamond

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

dam i just got done installing Mighty 6 on my Touch Diamond, the same problem happens to my phone, ok so it might be the "flash to shipped" but what is that? i kknow im a noob but i follow direction on the net to the T..

1-HardSPL
2-Upgrade Radio
3- finally flash the rom

so the article i got the info from clearly forgot about the "flash to shipped"
Old 02-24-2010, 06:33 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'm running the 6.5 with no problems! I love it and have been running it for a week now.

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 02-24-2010, 09:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdiamond View Post
dam i just got done installing Mighty 6 on my Touch Diamond, the same problem happens to my phone, ok so it might be the "flash to shipped" but what is that? i kknow im a noob but i follow direction on the net to the T..

1-HardSPL
2-Upgrade Radio
3- finally flash the rom

so the article i got the info from clearly forgot about the "flash to shipped"
Sometimes when flashing between roms that have different system builds, some of the old files will not be completely overwritten. For some reason, flashing back to the "shipped" rom for your carrier will take care of any issues. There will be some who say it's unnecessary to go to the trouble, and others who will swear by it. Who knows ... but what you are describing, are classic symptoms. One last thing ... you might consider doing a hard reset (clear storage) after each new flash. Seems to help settle the new files into place. Good luck, and welcome!
Old 02-25-2010, 12:13 AM
sparkdiamond

thanks man, this site is great lots of useful info , ooo dam i liked this mighty rom....i tried hard reseting seemed liked it worked at first, that is till i used pim back up and no X came up to close it, i turned it off then on and came back intalling again! but worst a sky blue backfround and cant do much on dat screen....so i hard reset again worked intill i turned it off and on to check it went if it went well....sooo guess mighty is not compatible wit my phone, can anyone reccomend another rom? and would the same problem persist??? that would really be a road block for me

edit:

ok i found the spring shipped rom...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062

it says These will change your Radio, OS and Splash Screens.

does that mean i would have to upgrade radio again? and than try installing mighty 6?

UPDATE:

got it to work!!! had to get rid of mighty and intalled OMJ's titanium rom and it works perfect!!

Last edited by sparkdiamond; 02-25-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:44 AM
sparkdiamond

sorry bout the double post but on the PS3 i cant write long paragraphs..

another thing, anyone knows how to get my pictures from internal mem to show up on the picture tab at the home screen using win 6.5??

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond