PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 03:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond touch ROM ver. 1.37.405.1 WWE
Carrier: T-Mobile

richardsoffice is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Need HTC Diamond Low Battery alert

Need a HTC Diamond Low Battery repeating alert sound, for when I haven't used it for a few days
My Samsung would beep at me every few minutes alerting me when its battery needed charging if I hadn't looked at its screen for a few days. But this HTC Diamond doesn't bother it just silently dies leaving the world no way to contact me!

I have tried Batti 2.4 and although it does give a mere two warnings it will only do this if my Diamond is not asleep! Not a lot of use for me. PhoneAlarm.Pro.v2.0 doesn't work at all. I have tried all the Registry tweaks I can find but all to no-avail so far.
I need a Utility to play a .wav as warning that I should charge its battery. Can any one suggest a fix for my dilemma . . . please
Old 03-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Need HTC Diamond Low Battery alert

actually it does beep and gives you a message on screen

PS: you spelled touch wrong under your username
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:46 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

richardsoffice is a n00b
Unhappy Re: Need HTC Diamond Low Battery alert

Yes spelling is not one of my best subjects.
When testing my Diamond Touch with a near flat battery I did notice a series of five consecutive low insignificant beeps about a minute or two apart, but if I’d had left it another room I would not hear them also would need to be repeated over a longer period as I don’t use it for days at a time sometimes unless some one rings me (and nobody ever ring me ) perhaps some one here knows how to hack the registry and change the .wav and quantity of warnings? Although I have spent considerable time trying registry amendments I had read of in other threads all to no avail.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:12 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Look for the low battery icon? You could go through the settings and find an obnoxious noise.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:37 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

richardsoffice is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Look for the low battery icon? You could go through the settings and find an obnoxious noise.
The only Battery Icon I can find on my Diamond is in settings and this has no option to change the sound?
Old 03-31-2009, 04:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardsoffice View Post
The only Battery Icon I can find on my Diamond is in settings and this has no option to change the sound?
I think he meant to look at the battery icon on your taskbar.

There should be an option to remap different alert sounds in the "sounds and notifications" in settings.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:37 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

richardsoffice is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
I think he meant to look at the battery icon on your taskbar.

There should be an option to remap different alert sounds in the "sounds and notifications" in settings.
I do not have this Icon showing in my taskbar, but it could have been when I first installed Batti 2.4 that I disabled this option somehow? I will have a look to see if I can get it back.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:47 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

richardsoffice is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
I can certainly remap various different alert sounds in the "sounds and notifications" in settings, but I have no option for Low Battrie?
My ROM ver. is 1.37.405.1 WWE and if I try to D/L a newer one I get message none available for this version.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:26 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

richardsoffice is a n00b

Quote:

I have now got the icon back and several options are available but there are none for changing the sound or its rate of recurrence.

. . Oh! YES now I have got the icon back I have the option to option to “remap different alert sounds in the sounds and notifications in settings” hopefully my problem is solved, thanks for your help guys.

Last edited by richardsoffice; 03-31-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:30 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

richardsoffice is a n00b

Quote:
Great now I have it set to “an obnoxious noise” but does any one know how I can now edit the registry setting (A877d663-) so as to give me a sound warning every 5 minutes or so right up-until it shuts itself down.

I have been trying myself I’ve set Duration to> 0000005a (90) < however now I have depleted the Battery to 8% and it has only sounded twice in the last half hour.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond