PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 12:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

KJMiller is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Reliable Screen Lock?

I have searched for a bit and seen a few that people have argued over the merits of but none seem to do specifically what I want.

Is there any applications for the Diamond (I use Sprint if it matters) that will keep me from answering and hanging up on calls as I fumble in my pocket for the phone? I used that Slide to answer one for a while but the main answer and hangup buttons still work and I periodically answered or hung up on calls with it still, is there anything that requires some type of input done on the touchscreen to answer/refuse that also blocks the function of the physical buttons that would normally do the same??

Thanks!
-K
Old 03-28-2009, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 3Gs
Carrier: AT&T Premiere

rawdog805 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Reliable Screen Lock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJMiller View Post
I have searched for a bit and seen a few that people have argued over the merits of but none seem to do specifically what I want.

Is there any applications for the Diamond (I use Sprint if it matters) that will keep me from answering and hanging up on calls as I fumble in my pocket for the phone? I used that Slide to answer one for a while but the main answer and hangup buttons still work and I periodically answered or hung up on calls with it still, is there anything that requires some type of input done on the touchscreen to answer/refuse that also blocks the function of the physical buttons that would normally do the same??

Thanks!
-K
SensorLock... Been using it for 2 days, and love it... has option to lock buttons and screen.. I tried Pocketshield but had way to many problems with it...

Last edited by rawdog805; 03-28-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:35 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Pocket Shield is very good. It has a slide to answer or light sensor to unlock. go to www.pocketshield.net to download the latest version. It is not free but worth it to me.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:47 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

KJMiller is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805 View Post
SensorLock... Been using it for 2 days, and love it... has option to lock buttons and screen.. I tried Pocketshield but had way to many problems with it...
hmm that doesnt work at all... how do you configure it?
Old 03-28-2009, 04:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

ecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I would recommend LockMeLite.. i found it on the xda forums and it works great.. it's a very simple app with a small footprint(low memory) that does exactly what it says -- locks your phone... every time you shut your screen off, when you turn it back on every button will be disabled until you swipe your finger down from the top (at least 45% to unlock)... all you have to do is download the zip attached to this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=478606
and then drag the files onto your phone.. to launch LockMeLite, just run the exe and it will be on until you reset your phone! good luck!
Old 03-28-2009, 04:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Diamond
Carrier: T-mobile (I unlocked my diamond)

borderal is just getting started

I would definetly choose try throttle lock ive been using it for a while. It is a very good program.

Last edited by CozBoogie; 04-27-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

ecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderal View Post
I would definetly choose try throttle lock ive been using it for a while. It is a very good program.
i don't think you can post a link to a warez site, even though this is freeware.. here is the link to the developer's site in case the mods want to edit this post:
http://www.throttlelauncher.com/portal/downloads/57-tlock/100-throttle-lock-06

Last edited by CozBoogie; 04-27-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 3Gs
Carrier: AT&T Premiere

rawdog805 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJMiller View Post
hmm that doesnt work at all... how do you configure it?
Go to your settings and it should have a sensorlock Icon in there.. And thats what you use to configure it.. I like it a lot..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
Pocket Shield is very good. It has a slide to answer or light sensor to unlock. go to www.pocketshield.net to download the latest version. It is not free but worth it to me.
I think that was the problem with Pocketshield, I run MightyROM and it has the built in slide 2 answer and I think it conflicts with mightyRom..

Last edited by rawdog805; 03-28-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:49 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

KJMiller is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805 View Post
Go to your settings and it should have a sensorlock Icon in there.. And thats what you use to configure it.. I like it a lot..

I think that was the problem with Pocketshield, I run MightyROM and it has the built in slide 2 answer and I think it conflicts with mightyRom..
I figured it out, I was using the Diamond2 G-Sensor and as soon as I removed it I was able to configure the app fine, It seems to be doing what I wanted it to do but I had to reset the gesture to a double flip so it wouldnt inadvertantly get triggered in my pocket walking around and chasing my toddler.

Thanks for all the sugestions though, if this one doesnt work out I will start trying more of the ones suggested here until I end up with one that works for me,

Thanks again!
-K
Old 03-29-2009, 12:07 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Lockmelite works for me. It's small and dosen't crash or nothing, but it keeps me from butt dialing.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond