PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Need help battery on my HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62710)

ruben8448 03-28-2009 03:44 AM

Need help battery on my HTC Diamond

Ok so i recently bought the Sprint HTC Diamond, loved the phone, hated the battery. So i learned how to unlock it, added the mighty mouse and that was it. Battery life increased dramatically until i actually talked on my phone. I do a lot of talking on it and when i talk i have about 2 maybe 3 hours to talk before the battery is gone. I think it might be the radio that i have, i still use the stock sprint one, vers 1.0 or something of that sort. I looked everywhere and i'm really not to sure how to install it, would anyone be able to help me out? Another question i have is how can i increase the internal speaker when i am on the phone, i pushed it to max on the phone but when i am talking i have the hardest time every hearing on it. I really appreciate it, thank you.

mwalt2 03-28-2009 08:40 AM

Re: Need help battery on my HTC Diamond

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruben8448 (Post 805411)
Ok so i recently bought the Sprint HTC Diamond, loved the phone, hated the battery. So i learned how to unlock it, added the mighty mouse and that was it. Battery life increased dramatically until i actually talked on my phone. I do a lot of talking on it and when i talk i have about 2 maybe 3 hours to talk before the battery is gone. I think it might be the radio that i have, i still use the stock sprint one, vers 1.0 or something of that sort. I looked everywhere and i'm really not to sure how to install it, would anyone be able to help me out? Another question i have is how can i increase the internal speaker when i am on the phone, i pushed it to max on the phone but when i am talking i have the hardest time every hearing on it. I really appreciate it, thank you.

For different radios, go here. You can read the thread, but many people like the telus radio or newest sprint one (though telus *may* have better battery life, but probably dependent on location). You flash the same way you did when you put the custom rom on there. The Sprint and Telus radios do not hard reset your phone when you flash them.

For increased speaker volume, see the thread here. I would start with the medium fix, as I found it loud enough.

Ttannous2111 03-28-2009 08:48 AM

how do you unlock the battery?

wmdunn 03-28-2009 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ttannous2111 (Post 805535)
how do you unlock the battery?

You don't ... he's talking about unlocking the phone in order to install a custom rom, in his case one of Mighty Mike's creations.

ruben8448 03-29-2009 02:07 AM

Awesome, thank you for the help. I'm still very new to this, are there any walkthroughs or instructions on installing radios?

intx 03-29-2009 02:12 AM

It's the exact same thing as you did with Mighty ROM, except it's for the radio.

Trident 03-29-2009 02:17 AM

Is it possible that my battery dies after less than 12 hours with almost zero usage?
Sitting here on my desk after I go to lunch, I forget to plug it back in... I just got in and the battery is totally drained- device off.
Two calls totalling less than two minutes. No DATA.
Seems strange to me.

intx 03-29-2009 02:22 AM

Weird, what's your ROM, radio, signal strength and avg discharge, trident?

ruben8448 03-29-2009 02:33 AM

Awesome, i'm going to try the telus radio tomorrow, they said it works best in Phoenix. I'll see battery life is like after i install it

Trident 03-29-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intx (Post 807312)
Weird, what's your ROM, radio, signal strength and avg discharge, trident?

I'm using MightyROM4.8; Telus 1.04.05v radio. Signal strength varied during the day. While in my office, it's generally pretty poor [1-2 bars].
Looks like MR4.8 doesn't have any utilities to determine discharge- I'm looking for one now.

Interesting update! While searching for the Battery Monitor program on this forum, I came across this in the update log for S2U2 (which I had recently upgraded to 1.60):
Changes of v1.61
================
- fixed the system alarm went off automatically in v1.60.
- removed the auto-turn-on "Don't suspend power" in v1.60 when there is data connection; as it caused power drain.
I just downloaded the new version. We'll see what a difference it makes.

Anyone have a cab for that nice Battery Monitor program that most ROMs have pre-installed?